Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

24 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Looking at his 26 goals last season, he'd probably have scored 12-13 of them in with Premier League opposition. I'd be happy with that return.

Me too, that would be a decent return for a first season at this level.

46 game season in the Championship thou compared to 38 in the PL so bit difference there.

• Like 1

Delighted. Have a really really good feeling about this signing. And come on lads, there's being tight and there's being tight with someone else's money, especially if that someone is a bazillionaire football club owning mogul.

Let's just enjoy this one eh, it's not every day that your club break it's transfer record on a new hotshot striker

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One area I think Ollie could make a major impact on us is simply getting shots on target. In three seasons with Brentford he averaged 1.01 shots on target per 90 minutes, with an xG of 0.36 per SOT. Last year it was 1.07 and 0.51 respectively.

Last year nobody on the team averaged more than 0.86 SOT per 90 and that was Wesley. The highest xG per SOT was Jack at 0.36, but he only averaged 0.61 SOT per 90.

None of this means that Ollie is going to show up and score 15-20 goals for us next season, but he's going to boost our attacking prowess at the least. 

Edited by VillaHatesMe

7 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

6m coming our way. Thank you muchly Villa! Ollie will do you proud I'm 100% confident. And thanks to you we are no longer in financial uncertainty. Will be looking out for your results and wishing you well this season. Best of luck to Chrisene and Watkins!

Cheers mate, nice to share around some of the stupidly dispraportionately allocated money in the game.

Now I have a confession to make.  I went to a Plymouth game once.

Ashamed GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â