Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Keep in mind the narrative Villa have...  We're not a media darling club, nor do we have a fashionable manager, plus most casual Premier League fans think we only stayed up because of that Hawkeye decision against Sheffield United.  Villa dropping "33 Million for a Championship player" fits the narrative they already have written for us, just like "Bielsa manages to bring Spain's #1 striker to newly promoted Leeds" or "Wilson signs for Newcastle because of the film Goal" or "Wolves signs 'Wonderkid' from Portugal ahead of European giants" fits the stereotypical story for those clubs.  

Spot on fella 

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Doesn't matter if he costs 1 mill or 33 mill if we don't sort out the supply line to him he will prove to be a pointless signing.

A winger another Striker and a creative CM needed at least now imo.

I don't rate AEG or Trezeguet as starters. 

Didn’t we have the most chances created in the bottom half last season? Maybe I’m going mad. The problem was conversion.

• Like 1

We can't have it both ways.

It might sound expensive, but it is what it is...

If he does what it says on the tin....it will be good business.

Every signing puts a peg in the ground, so the next signing costs more pro rata.....so its all relative anyway.

11 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Didn’t we have the most chances created in the bottom half last season? Maybe I’m going mad. The problem was conversion.

one problem was conversion.....the other was conceding 67 goals....maybe you're right.

Post Lockdown change of heart proved that.....we still couldn't score, but we stopped them scoring and picked up points.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

In both ends of the field tbf. We need a CB as well. Any injury to Mings and we're ****. 

15 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Keep in mind the narrative Villa have...  We're not a media darling club, nor do we have a fashionable manager, plus most casual Premier League fans think we only stayed up because of that Hawkeye decision against Sheffield United.  Villa dropping "33 Million for a Championship player" fits the narrative they already have written for us, just like "Bielsa manages to bring Spain's #1 striker to newly promoted Leeds" or "Wilson signs for Newcastle because of the film Goal" or "Wolves signs 'Wonderkid' from Portugal ahead of European giants" fits the stereotypical story for those clubs.  

But the reality is we dwarf the lot of them, and they know it when sitting in the dark reflecting on such things 

21 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Doesn't matter if he costs 1 mill or 33 mill if we don't sort out the supply line to him he will prove to be a pointless signing.

A winger another Striker and a dynamic CM needed at least now imo.

I don't rate AEG or Trezeguet as starters. 

I don’t think with everyone fit AEG or Trez would get in our starting 11 now so while I agree we need more through the door that one can be put to bed for now (and I’m fine keeping both in the squad).

I still definetely think we need more quality in the midfield. McGinn has been cut some slack because of the injury but when he was fit, he did look a bit one trick pony-ish. It's a step up and he was made to look a bit silly at times, i think. Douglas Luiz is going to be very important for us i think. Has the game intelligence to play the DLP role and was demanding the ball from Konsa and Mings when the games re started. That's what you want. That's how you win midfield. Takes up very clever positions too when we are out of possession. Good footballing brain and looking forward to seeing him more this season.

Delighted if this truly is done , think he is exactly what we need , can old ball up aswel as Keinan and knows how to score goals like Tammy

The fee is disgraceful , fair play to Brentford for getting this . This is two deals in a row now that I feel like we have identified the right player (Cash) but have been tore a new one in negotiations, what scares the hell out of me is these guys could have been involved in negotiations if someone had bid for jack

Â