Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is fair.

EDIT: I've actually has a second thought here. 

I think it's likely to decide if he stays this season. He will have pushed this massively. After what he's achieved in one and a half seasons, he deserves the chance.

If he does get sacked and Watkins is crap, I'll still be thinking about the ten in a row and promotion season in 25 years.

Yeah me too - good memories and the drama of staying up last season - I look at this as Smith's signing almost entirely with Suso gone, and that this is a player Smith knows very well. It's the most Smith has ever had to spend on a single player, and our record signing (if it happens etc). I'd say Watkins epitomises what Smith wants in a player - and all considered Smith's fate is tied to this player. But I'm confident it will work out so it's all gravy. 

Edited by Jareth

ITK Bananaman has posted this glowing tribute:

He's an absolute star. Brilliant on the pitch, trains hard, first line of defence (and last too), runs and runs, never injured, model pro, no-one hates him, community focused, absolute gent, just brilliant. I am going to miss him.”

Can’t wait to see him in action. (Ollie Watkins, not Banana)

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Someone tweeted good response in McNulty tweet. If it's head to head with another PL team we can't compete on wages atm so pay big transfer fee to ward off competition

Not sure that makes sense. 

Watkins can just refuse to sign regardless of brentford accepting a bid  

I think we've given watkins a big deal. We are linked with martinez, who has turned down a new contract with arsenal. Do you think he'd come on championship level wages?

I really think this FFP wage thing is being well exaggerated for some reason 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm very confident he will be. 

Wesley scored in 4 games. 

Went 12 games without a goal, 4 with not even a shot. 

Even if watkins isn't scoring, his pace and movement will benefit us. I think he's going to be a big signing for us. 

We don’t always agree mate, but we agree on this!

I’ve been watching a lot on him this evening and I think we’ve got a real player here.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Banana has posted DONE deal you lucky buggers 😀hope this helps to keep Jack at the club good luck this season will be watching closely your results.Just hope we can cap the week off with a victory at Small,Heath Saturday.

I'm sure this might mean something, but if I was pretending to be itk I'd be pretty confident claiming it was done right about now, given that all major news outlets are pretty much saying that, I might even go so far as to tell people to expect an announcement in the next day or 2 "unless there's some unforseen hold up" 

37 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Banana has posted DONE deal you lucky buggers 😀hope this helps to keep Jack at the club good luck this season will be watching closely your results.Just hope we can cap the week off with a victory at Small,Heath Saturday.

899445889534d5a855e56a22a21929c3_w200.gi

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Take out Kane's long range shooting and that's the general game Watkins has. Clearly not at that level yet, but that's the game he's trying to play. (Watching Harry tonight though, goodness me I wouldn't pay £28m for him)

It's a very all-round approach.

Holds it up, runs channels, will come deep to collect if needed, gets in the box once the ball is forward/wide. Good head, decent left foot, 

I am a bit nervey about the fee. But he's a really good player and we're paying a mighty sum for the privilege of removing some of the usual risks you would have with this kind of deal.

He's English so less chance he won't settle, he knows the system, he knows the manager, his wages will be relatively low.

I don't think he's better than Eduoard for example. But he's less of a risk of flopping IMO. Both would be welcome.

They most certainly would but it seems highly unlikely. We’ve broken our transfer record for our main CF, surely... (would love it though!)

Excited to see who else we bring in, we need other players to create chances alongside Jack... Ollie just needs to put them away then.

As long as we have Jack (and surround him with more and more quality) our prospects are good... 

59 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This is so ridiculous. Chris Wood doing fine at Burnley after tearing it up for Leeds in Championship. Loads of players from Championship did great in PL last season. I'm delighted if we sign Watkins and you're on a downer??? FMD

A great point tbf, hope Watkins is way better though.

57 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's a much better signing than Wilson or King. Come end of season you'll see

Can’t argue with that either. The interest in Wilson, in particular, had me very surprised & fairly disappointed. Happier with Watkins for sure, he has a lot of potential & is much younger.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure that makes sense. 

Watkins can just refuse to sign regardless of brentford accepting a bid  

I think we've given watkins a big deal. We are linked with martinez, who has turned down a new contract with arsenal. Do you think he'd come on championship level wages?

I really think this FFP wage thing is being well exaggerated for some reason 

Allegedly 70k which probably over triple his current wages and would make him one of our top earners but we can't pay silly money like the figures floating around for Wilson. I've seen 100-115k per week mentioned

47 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

batman ok GIF

48 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Ask Banana about Benrahma, we need these 2 together!

Â