Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don't care about spending another 30 million if it meant getting Benrahma

I agree, even though I am concerned about Watkins ability to adjust to the PL fast enough. They play well together and are both good players. Getting the pair would help both.

All the other videos seem to just show tap ins.

Some very good goals in this one though.

Left Foot, Right Foot, alot of headers and a few mid - long range screamers.

Good feet and quick as well.

I was slightly worried he had no range shot before this.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Good thing for me is all those tap-ins last season were where he was a central striker instructed to find space and score tap-ins. But he can also knock in other great goals. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I agree, even though I am concerned about Watkins ability to adjust to the PL fast enough. They play well together and are both good players. Getting the pair would help both.

No need to be concerned, after all Watkins came within 2 points of being a Premier League player in his own right, He will be fine, trust me.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don't care about spending another 30 million if it meant getting Benrahma

How much will Brentford really want for him though? They know we have money and love to charge top dollar. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them ask for £40m

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Don't think Benrahma is what we need at this point.

I agree. We need pace down the right. Jack will almost certainly play down the left. I like Benrahma but he is not right for us at this time unless money is totally no object.

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What can’t be underestimated is that regardless of whether they were all tap ins or not, he’s always in the box. When was the last time we had a striker who knew where the box was? They’re usually jogging up from the centre circle when any crosses are going in.

12 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I agree. We need pace down the right. Jack will almost certainly play down the left. I like Benrahma but he is not right for us at this time unless money is totally no object.

Jack has said he wants to play 8 as KDB type pulling the strings

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jonjon said:

No need to be concerned, after all Watkins came within 2 points of being a Premier League player in his own right, He will be fine, trust me.

I appreciate it and I hope you come up next year. I got used to seeing our good promoted players do well ,week in week out against Championship opposition. They are still good players in the PL but it was definitely an adjustment for most of them. Still hopefully Ollie will fit right in but it has surprised me just how much of a jump the Premier League is. Then again my club came in 17th so maybe Sheffield fans feel different :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Banana has posted DONE deal you lucky buggers 😀

Didn't Mr Banana yesterday question if this was going to happen after claiming that there were "far far bigger clubs than Villa" in for him?

24hrs in the life of an ITK eh!

Edited by av1

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Jack has said he wants to play 8 as KDB type pulling the strings

I didn’t know that. When did he say that? We would need 2 very good defensive midfielders to enable that. Luiz plus one other.

Just now, M_Afro said:

I didn’t know that. When did he say that? We would need 2 very good defensive midfielders to enable that. Luiz plus one other.

I’ve heard the story of him saying this, too: don’t know where, mind.

Your concern pretty much sums up mine: I worry about a midfield three of Jack, McGinn and Doug. Would it leave Doug exposed? Does McGinn have the discipline or appetite to play that role? And does it take something away from McGinn’s game by not having him bomb on etc?

I’m torn in some way: I want him further up field but don’t want him isolated on the wing. 

Nice problems to have, I suppose. 

Â