Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

His movement off the ball to get into scoring positions looks really good. Lots of goals in the box but that's because he's got himself that yard of space in there through his anticipation and movement. 

£28m is a good bit of money but not outrageous. On the face of it, it looks like a more expensive deal than Wilson but when you add in wages. They'll probably be more in line with each other. 

Suspect he'll be on a 5 year deal as this helps spread the cost of the transfer and help with FFP. 

If I remember correctly, it's the wages over the length of contract that counts towards FFP, so say £50k a week over 5 years, total of £13m. I'm sure I read that's the figure that counts, not the transfer fee. 

Could very well be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

You can't please some folks. Fans moaning we aren't buying enough players and the moment we do, they moan about the price. I'm sure the fact that he was voted Championship Player of the Year recently added a couple of million to his price tag. 

I think it's the fact that both of the players we have signed have never played outside the Champ and both cost a small fortune and more than their true market value.

I'll be intrigued to see who else we being in.

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Looks like Forest and now Brentford have both increased their fees at the last minute and of course we pay over the odds. We are an easy mark this late into the window.

We're not late in this window - this is a deal that could have been made in five and a half week's time.

• Thanks 1

Just now, KentVillan said:

This is a great signing. He’s the right age, has a good fitness record, is used to playing in a 4-3-3, and he adds much needed pace to the squad.

He’s slightly overpriced, but not by much - by my reckoning we’ve lost maybe £5m of value here, but given the huge striker-shaped hole we have in the squad, he’s worth that extra £5m to us.

I think the Championship (at the top end) is a much safer bet than a foreign league. He’s much more likely to hit the ground running and do bits for us.

Struggling to understand all the negativity around this one.

Probably the best post ive seen for a few days. Spot on

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This is a great signing. He’s the right age, has a good fitness record, is used to playing in a 4-3-3, and he adds much needed pace to the squad.

He’s slightly overpriced, but not by much - by my reckoning we’ve lost maybe £5m of value here, but given the huge striker-shaped hole we have in the squad, he’s worth that extra £5m to us.

I think the Championship (at the top end) is a much safer bet than a foreign league. He’s much more likely to hit the ground running and do bits for us.

It might even help get our other targets in now aswell 👍

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

You can't please some folks. Fans moaning we aren't buying enough players and the moment we do, they moan about the price. I'm sure the fact that he was voted Championship Player of the Year recently added a couple of million to his price tag. 

True, but really believe this lad is the real deal.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How can anyone be negative about this. 

Ticks so many boxes and it's not your money. 

Some always says that it not our money... that's fine unless he performs badly... then it's hell... I for one think the price is too high. But I think he will perform very well with Wesley.

12 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Absolutely this. And let's not underestimate his attitude - by everybody's account absolutely fantastic - and his relationship with the manager. This is the way to build a team. Every signing is a gamble, but I have a very good feeling about this one. 

• Like 2

Just now, momo said:

Some always says that it not our money... that's fine unless he performs badly... then it's hell... I for one think the price is too high. But I think he will perform very well with Wesley.

I'd be very surprised if both he and wesley are on the pitch at the same time.

16 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

People might not aware that he only missed 10 minutes of the entire 19/20 season. That's 4130 over 4140 possible minutes. What a sturdy man.

Â