villaglint

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think a few teams are happy to see the back of them, I have never seen a team in the Premier League be as niggly or dive or time waste so consistently than Bournemouth and everytime they always complained to the ref. If Howe was some dastardly foreign manager his teams gamesmanship would have been questioned a lot

Watford were the worst for taking half an hour to take goal kicks at VP this season. Seems to be a Ben Foster thing as he also did it under Pulis at WBA.

58 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Watford were the worst for taking half an hour to take goal kicks at VP this season. Seems to be a Ben Foster thing as he also did it under Pulis at WBA.

Foster was time wasting after about 20 mins, it was ridiculous.

Fitting that we mugged them in added on time

• Like 2

If we lost our last game and were relegated, we could also lay a similar claim for the Crystal Palace game.

At the time, it was one of the most controversial and diabolical refereeing performances that had happened in quite awhile, and drew attention from even a lot of non Villa pundits.

But, because" it happened so long ago", everyone had moved on, especially Villa, and it has been forgotten by everyone outside the Villa bubble. From the onslaught of yellow cards in the first half that broke up our play, the leniency towards the CP players,the inevitable red card, and then the most ridiculous climax to a game, confirming Friend's vendetta, we have more right to contest that game than Bournemouth do about the Sheffield United game.

There has been many other questionable moments, but not just to Villa, but for pretty much every team. We didn't complain, whine or stamp our feet about it, we just got on with it, and the result is we finished 17th, end of season end of story.

Bournemouth and whoever else that is whining need to grow a set. It wasn't the VAR's fault for Bournemouth getting relegated. It was their whole crappy season. The table doesn't lie.

• Like 3

Bournemouth face a huge battleto try to make a quick return to  the Premier league while fighting the threat of a financial crisis as some of the club’s highest earners do not have relegation clauses in their contracts.

And that leaves Bournemouth under threat of losing stars such as Callum Wilson, Nathan Ake, Josh King and David Brooks for cut-price fees as top-flight clubs seek to take advantage of their predicament.

The Telegraph

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Telegraph are reporting they are considering a compensation claim against the Premier League over the Nyland goal

They've no claim against the PL, they could try against Hawkeye I guess but can't see it. ;)

• Haha 1

Good luck dickheads.

I’d be amazed if they won a compensation claim, they didn’t get relegated because of the so-called ghost goal, they got relegated because they didn’t accumulate enough points.

If that goal for Sheff Utd had been given it would have changed the game and who’s to say we wouldn’t have gone on to win. 

I’d imagine any formal defence in court would centre on this and Bournemouth would then have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that we would not have equalised or gone on to win the match.

They’ll need a helluva legal team.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Apparently the PL had the choice of 3 different hawkeye systems before they chose the one they did. The one they went with explained its accuracy to all the clubs before it came in that first season; stating something like what happened in the Sheff Utd game, was a possibility with a goalmouth scramble where the cameras are impaired. So cant see them gaining any compensation at all 🙃

On 27/07/2020 at 08:59, bobzy said:

Only Norwich, Liverpool and Man City give away fewer fouls per game than Bournemouth. Bournemouth make the fewest tackles per game of any team in the league. 

errrr.... dirty, filth 😐

Yet they are 4th in the league for yellow cards so a large portion of those fouls are more cynical maybe? More than the others at the bottom of the table certainly?

I dont know. I am not a statistical guy. I just now what I think I saw in both our games. Seriously annoying team. Dirty.

To be fair, if we'd gone done i'd be gutted and i'd also expect our board to be trying to find a way to soften the financial blow. The article says they are considering it, and i doubt it will go much further than that, they'll consider and realise its a completely silly argument and lawsuit.

Firstly, just because a goal was given, doesn't mean the game would finish 1-0 Sheff Utd. If that goal had been given, the entire event of the game would be different and there i no way anyone can say with certainty what the result could have been.

Secondly, trying to rationalise the reason for relegation to an individual moment in a 38 game season is  nonsense and ignores the various advantages and disadvantages that happen thoughout a season. For example. the PL have said that Spurs should have had a Penalty against them but it wasn't given, Villa should have had a goal at Palace - Palace should have had a goal at Villa! It ebbs and flows but ultimately it breaks about even eventually.  If you start take legal action over individual decisions where would it end? 

Spurs had a legitimate penalty not given which officials admitted was a mistake in their 0-0 draw. Could have easily resulted in defeat for them. 

The Hawkeye mistake didn’t relegate Bournemouth. It was another error in a long list of a league poorly implementing technology. 

They can consider it all they want, but they'd be off their trolley to actually pursue it. As somebody mentioned earlier when the technology was introduced everybody was made aware of the possibility it could get something wrong under particular circumstances, they've got nothing.

So many other variables involved in a relegation, it's impossible to pin the blame on that one singular moment, there's no way a court is going to give them anything like the compensation they'd be looking for.

I think the thing to remember is this. This isn't a claim based on football or the decisions of the refs/ VAR/ Hawkeye. This is most likely a firm of lawyers convincing Bournemouth FC (the club structure) that there is potential to get some money out of this situation. 

Put simply there is 0% chance of any changes to results or league positions as a result of this, as to do so would result in an avalanche of similar claims being made. This is simply AFC trying to put more money in their pockets to get back to the Premier League at the first attempt. 

Bournemouth are a nobody. The definition of tin pot.

They are so little and insignificant. No one will give a crap about their moaning.

They are where they belong. Well actually. The Championship is too big for them. Should be a League 2 side with a stadium like that.

Edited by villalad21

Â