villaglint

Can't believe he didn't get booked for the first one on Jack. Second one (if he was on a yellow at that point) was just an nothing challeng on edge of box and Doug was already going down as contact was coming. Even then it's a final warning and you can see as he body checks McGinn he looks up expecting to be sent off and is surprised when Atkinson dosen't go for his pocket.

Was right on HT and Howe subbed him straight off.

Seems to be plenty of love for Billing in the transfer thread but I don't think he's that great and he's not even a DM, more a box to box player and we have better here.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I remember being so outraged watching this unfold in front of me. **** off Bournemouth. **** off Martin Atkinson. 

God we've had some shit refs this season. The first one alone should have been enough.

I think Howe waits until the first round of sackings in October/November and ends up at a club like Newcastle/West Ham/Villa who have had a disappointing start to the season. 

Bournemouth could fall straight though.  They rely heavily on broadcast revenue, despite being in the Premier League for five years they didn't spend a penny on improving their infrastructure. I think they've still got a bottom half of the Championship standard academy and training ground. 

• Like 2

Agree on both points from the Rev.

Think it's a good decision from Howe (if he's made it). Six months out of the game gives him a breather and chance to look at where things wrong.

Could really hurt Bournemouth. Very tough job for an outsider to come in. Reminds me of all those who followed Curbishley at Charlton. They went down twice in 3 years after he left and no just yo yo between championship and league one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I think Howe waits until the first round of sackings in October/November and ends up at a club like Newcastle/West Ham/Villa who have had a disappointing start to the season. 

Bournemouth could fall straight though.  They rely heavily on broadcast revenue, despite being in the Premier League for five years they didn't spend a penny on improving their infrastructure. I think they've still got a bottom half of the Championship standard academy and training ground. 

To their fans, this has got to be the most disappointing aspect of their adventure. Nothing of bricks or mortar to show. Instead, Dominic Solanke, Jordon Ibe and planning permission. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

To their fans, this has got to be the most disappointing aspect of their adventure. Nothing of bricks or mortar to show. Instead, Dominic Solanke, Jordon Ibe and planning permission. 

They are currently building a new training complex I believe.

They shelved plans to build a new ground in order to invest in the team. If they hadn’t they would likely have gone down earlier.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Howe must have realised how little money from the parachute payments he would have to rebuild the squad and sensibly has left. I am sure he will get another job within 6 months. Bournemouth could be a interesting watch in the next 12 months. Redknapp in? Triffic.

Or the board realised how Howe **** up the club by trying to impress Liverpool by buying overpriced shit

Be shocked if Howe gets another Premier league team, his negligence is shocking 

Edited by Zatman

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Or the board realised how Howe **** up the club by trying to impress Liverpool by buying overpriced shit

Be shocked if Howe gets another Premier league team, his negligence is shocking 

Even if the transfers were all Howe's doing, rather than the club's, all that really says is that his next club should pair him with a sporting director to take charge of transfers. He's clearly a very good coach.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

They are currently building a new training complex I believe.

They shelved plans to build a new ground in order to invest in the team. If they hadn’t they would likely have gone down earlier.

I was under the impression all work was halted at early stage as COVID-19 crisis hit, now following relegation the work has been shelved for the foreseeable. Not an expert though. I think Norwich have the right philosophy; build lasting infrastructure and invest in finding value in the market. Aim to be top 26 in country every season, but don’t sell the family silver to achieve. Perhaps boring to some fans, but sensible nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Even if the transfers were all Howe's doing, rather than the club's, all that really says is that his next club should pair him with a sporting director to take charge of transfers. He's clearly a very good coach.

Is he a good coach though, its also well known Bournemouth cheated the way through the divisions to get to Premier League. 

I would take Pardew or Pearson at Villa over Howe

59 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I was thinking maybe Watford for Howe? He's a Watford fan so might be tempted. 

Â