villaglint

there is a Bournmouth thread in "other football", probably needs to go there.

But, complete nonsense tbh, an embarrassment to their club if they do, cus when u take all the VAR/hawkeye mistakes in to account for all teams for the season, the same 3 teams still got relegated, so end of story.

we would have finished 16th, if all teams VAR/hawkeye errors were corrected, and Bournemouth would have still been relegated.

Edited by MaVilla

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

there is a Bournmouth thread in "other football", probably needs to go there.

But, complete nonsense tbh, an embarrassment to their club if they do, cus when u take all the VAR/hawkeye mistakes in to account for all teams for the season, the same 3 teams still got relegated, so end of story.

we would have finished 16th, if all teams VAR/hawkeye errors were corrected, and Bournemouth would have still been relegated.

Plus Palace farce doesn’t count as a VAR or Hawkeye error so isn’t included in any of those stats far as I know so we get another plus one to go on our revised total :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

On 28/07/2020 at 15:34, PieFacE said:

It's a dumb argument and will never hold up. If the goal was allowed the whole mentality of the game would have shifted and we may have gone onto win, we may have gone onto draw anyway, or we may have got battered. Who knows? Which i guess is the point i'm making. 

Not only this, but even if we went on to lose that game, we might have approached the west ham game very differently, especially the second half, knowing their result and knowing a draw wouldn't have been enough. Again, we might have won, lost, or still drawn the game. 

Assuming that if things happened differently 1 month ago everything that followed would have stayed the same is silly and lazy thinking and it urks me that so many football commenters keep making this cheap point.

And who cares about all the other wrong decisions that went against us 😂

6 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Not only this, but even if we went on to lose that game, we might have approached the west ham game very differently, especially the second half, knowing their result and knowing a draw wouldn't have been enough. Again, we might have won, lost, or still drawn the game. 

Assuming that if things happened differently 1 month ago everything that followed would have stayed the same is silly and lazy thinking and it urks me that so many football commenters keep making this cheap point.

And who cares about all the other wrong decisions that went against us 😂

I think the legal claim would be with Hawk-eye specifically, nout to do with Villa. Although I'd imagine the contracts written up by the PL and Hawk-Eye are pretty water tight regards reliability and liability of system. I'd imagine Bournemouth would have to prove gross negligence on the side of Hawk-Eye. I don't even think the club will pursue it.

TBF to Bournemouth and their fans they've been quite magnanimous in defeat. From what I've seen, its football twitter for 'salty' bants etc. etc. Regards the press, that the press init. 

Was reported earlier that they have outstanding payments on existing transfers totalling £81m vs an outstanding income of £10m

Then add in the wages to turnover thing 

You start to understand why they're acting a bit desperate 

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I think the legal claim would be with Hawk-eye specifically, nout to do with Villa. Although I'd imagine the contracts written up by the PL and Hawk-Eye are pretty water tight regards reliability and liability of system. I'd imagine Bournemouth would have to prove gross negligence on the side of Hawk-Eye. I don't even think the club will pursue it.

TBF to Bournemouth and their fans they've been quite magnanimous in defeat. From what I've seen, its football twitter for 'salty' bants etc. etc. Regards the press, that the press init. 

Sure, I'm 100% with you. 

As I said, I find it extremely unimaginative for the talk about relegation being centered so much about a single issue. It's just lazy. 

I'm sure most bournemouth fans are upset with their team than they are with Hawkeye (or us).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was reported earlier that they have outstanding payments on existing transfers totalling £81m vs an outstanding income of £10m

Then add in the wages to turnover thing 

You start to understand why they're acting a bit desperate 

Always thought they were astutely run from the outside looking in, but you're right; Huge wage-bill, lots of outgoing transfer fees spread over seasons and loans taken out secured on future transfer fees and future TV rights. Think they'll be alright though, I think their playing squad has a number of saleable assets (Ake, Wilson, King, Lerma, Brooks) and even with those departures will still have a very competitive squad. I also like the look of Surridge and Ofoborh, interesting to see them develop in the Champ.

Regards Villa, surely whatever they regards Hawk-Eye will have no impact on us.

25 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Sure, I'm 100% with you. 

As I said, I find it extremely unimaginative for the talk about relegation being centered so much about a single issue. It's just lazy. 

I'm sure most bournemouth fans are upset with their team than they are with Hawkeye (or us).

They've gone back to their Premier League teams now.

• Haha 2

What more do they want - we’ve already given them 6 points this season!

More seriously, if the claim is genuine, I don’t think for one second it will be an attempt to stay in the PL in place of Villa. I see it as someone going for unfair dismissal - with compensation far, far more likely than reinstatement.

In reality, the Premier League contract with Hawkeye will contain a limitation of liability that will kill any claim before it even starts. Similar to the protection given to referees.

It’s either a cheap tactic to divert attention away from their very poor season on the pitch or the sports media filling column inches/click bait. Either way, I don’t see it as an attack on Villa or a danger to our Premier League status.

I've spent some time on the Bournemouth forum recently (another hour or so and I'd have finished it). They seem to have no interest in being involved with this kind of thing unless it's a financial compensation claim. 

I would be really interested if they did go that route - could give us some fascinating insight into the PL's agreement with Hawkeye, and I wouldn't take it as a personal attack on Villa at all.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£41m bid for Ake accepted. Barely been relegated a week. No messing, no haggling. Let the fire sale begin.

This one's been in the pipeline for a while though.  I'd say they're well down the negotiation path there.  Decent money though all the same.

Â