villaglint

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Howe gone, mutual consent. 

whatever people think of Bournemouth or Howe, he has worked miracles.

Taking a small club, over a 10 year period, to 3 promotions and a 5 year stay in the Prem, amazing tbh.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

whatever people think of Bournemouth or Howe, he has worked miracles.

Taking a small club, over a 10 year period, to 3 promotions and a 5 year stay in the Prem, amazing tbh.

By breaking the financial rules in the EFL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Even if the transfers were all Howe's doing, rather than the club's, all that really says is that his next club should pair him with a sporting director to take charge of transfers. He's clearly a very good coach.

this. he was largely in charge of transfers (and everything else at AFCB apparently) so the buck stops with him. AFCB fans are absolutely distraught but i really dont know why. wasn't exactly working on a shoestring, they were like 8th highest net spend in the league last year or 2. he has bought utter shite for stupid amounts and paying them ridiculous wages (callum wilson is good, but 100k pw FFS) and none have relegation wage drops like the majority of ours do. so they are going to need a full clear out as they simply cannot afford to keep them on their books. eddie obviously has been told this and has taken his ball and **** off home, leaving a trail of destruction behind him.

people like him cause he's young, english, and well spoken but it's a myth that he's a good manager. he got promoted with a good core that he retained all the way through and who would run through walls for him. now they've gone he's been found out.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like howe despite the relegation i think he did  remarkable job there. Wouldnt mind him at villa  one day

Why? He has had less success in management than McLeish with 10 times the budget

Would you like McLeish back? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes.

1st team ever to concede 60 goals 5 seasons in a row. Its like he never bothered or noticed the weakness 

He got away with murder because managed Bournemouth, did this at Villa, West Ham etc be uproar 

Edited by Zatman

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

1st team ever to concede 60 goals 5 seasons in a row. Its like he never bothered or noticed the weakness 

He got away with murder because managed Bournemouth, did this at Villa, West Ham etc be uproar 

Add that to his flop at Burnley

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

I was thinking maybe Watford for Howe? He's a Watford fan so might be tempted. 

Thought he was an Everton fan. Remember the commentator mentioning it on last game of season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get involved with the England set up, maybe as U21 coach initially with a view to him eventually taking over Southgate.

can't remember where i heard it but there were rumours of him managing england ladies when neville leaves

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get involved with the England set up, maybe as U21 coach initially with a view to him eventually taking over Southgate.

That would make sense, Southgate is a failed club manager too. Is Aidy Boothroyd still under 21 manager. Jack and Maddison be better off retiring from international football 

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I was under the impression all work was halted at early stage as COVID-19 crisis hit, now following relegation the work has been shelved for the foreseeable. Not an expert though. I think Norwich have the right philosophy; build lasting infrastructure and invest in finding value in the market. Aim to be top 26 in country every season, but don’t sell the family silver to achieve. Perhaps boring to some fans, but sensible nonetheless.

Yeah like Reading when they said they would expand the Madjeski to 38,000 when they had about two seasons in the prem and then got relegated. Unsurprisingly nothing has happened.  Averaged less than 15,000 in 2018/19. Another tin pot club.

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like howe despite the relegation i think he did  remarkable job there. Wouldnt mind him at villa  one day

He did a good job  but I do wonder where he will go next. Maybe Palace when they pension off Uncle Woy. His record's in he cup competitions were feeble so if  does go to a bigger club like a Newcastle, West Ham  or Everton he would have to  try to looked bothered in the cups.  I think it would be quite a culture shock for him after being at cosy Bournemouth for so long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He did a good job  but I do wonder where he will go next. Maybe Palace when they pension off Uncle Woy. His record's in he cup competitions were feeble so if  does go to a bigger club like a Newcastle, West Ham  or Everton he would have to  try to looked bothered in the cups.  I think it would be quite a culture shock for him after being at cosy Bournemouth for so long.

Think that's a fairer critique than some others have been.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Thought he was an Everton fan. Remember the commentator mentioning it on last game of season.

Looks like he hedged his bets and supported 3 teams :)

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/17329398.i-have-always-looked-out-for-their-results-eddie-howe-on-his-affinity-with-watford/

CHERRIES boss Eddie Howe reflected on his childhood years watching Watford but insisted: “You almost forget quite quickly what happened in the past.”

Amersham-born Howe followed the Hornets as a youngster with his first experience of a live game coming at Vicarage Road.

He then moved to Bournemouth and came through the youth ranks at Dean Court.

While he will tomorrow hope to scupper the Hornets at Vitality Stadium (7.45pm), Howe admitted he would always have a soft spot for the visitors.

He told the Daily Echo: “The first stadium I visited was Vicarage Road.

“I was born very close to Watford and until I moved down south when I was about 10 years old, I was watching Watford quite regularly.

“At the time they were in the old First Division. That was my first experience of football. I enjoyed going and built a slight support for the club at that time.

“When I moved down here, Bournemouth became my team and you almost forget quite quickly what happened in the past.

“But I have always looked out for Watford’s results and always kept an eye on them, and they are a club that I do like.”

And

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2016/9/23/13028024/bournemouth-manager-eddie-howe-an-everton-fan-talks-about-3-3-draw-watford-fa-cup-final

“I lived near Watford – born in Amersham, raised in Chesham – so I used to watch Watford.

“Watford were playing in the 1984 Cup final, so I turned it on being a Watford fan, and then watched the game and there was just something that said I have to support the blue team.

“It was the kit, the name... and that was it. I was hooked. That inspired my following of them and I followed them ever since. I was a passionate Everton fan as a kid.

"When I moved to Bournemouth, when I was 10, I went to watch them being my local team. Watford, Everton, Bournemouth – they were my teams.

“I remember my first football being one of those plastic ones which had all the names of the Division One teams in it. You would spot them all and I was an Everton fan growing up, so I would always look for them when I picked up the ball.”

Edited by Xela
  • Thanks 1

Â