villaglint

• 1 year later...

Loving the amount of people ragging on Josh King in this thread before. The guy is absolutely flying. He's what - top 2 since the New Year in scoring? I wish we had someone like him who works his arse off, scores and at the same time remains incredibly humble.

39 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Loving the amount of people ragging on Josh King in this thread before. The guy is absolutely flying. He's what - top 2 since the New Year in scoring? I wish we had someone like him who works his arse off, scores and at the same time remains incredibly humble.

Well, to be fair, before this season, his record over the years had been terrible. Howe spotted something in him, so fair play. 

• Like 1

Top 10 for Bournemouth btw.

They had a really poor run in the middle of the seasona and the prem has been rubbish outside the top 7 but in isolation that's an outstanding effort.

Be interesting how long Howe stays there as difficult to see how much they can improve from this point. I think Southampton would be a good job for him to take, team that's been in europe and a cup final this season and seen its previous managers move up to top level clubs.

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Top 10 for Bournemouth btw.

They had a really poor run in the middle of the seasona and the prem has been rubbish outside the top 7 but in isolation that's an outstanding effort.

Be interesting how long Howe stays there as difficult to see how much they can improve from this point. I think Southampton would be a good job for him to take, team that's been in europe and a cup final this season and seen its previous managers move up to top level clubs.

I like the way they play. they may concede a lot of goals but I much prefer managers who try to win matches rather than ones who sit back and play on the counter. Fortune favours the brave. 

• Like 1

I still think there's a touch of Martinez who did similar at Wigan and then moved onto Everton and still conceded a flood of goals with better defenders.

Could Howe produce a well marshalled defence playing in europe for example?

I do agree its good to see an english manager for once playing progressive pressing football. Dyche has done a great job at Burnley but his teams are pretty direct and not that pleasing on the eye.

• Like 1

If this were Italy Howe would be inline for a big job next, but oh no the precious big clubs couldn't do that. He'd be foolish to go to Southampton, he needs somewhere with a shot at CL football.

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think he was homesick at Burnley so not sure if that will improve. So bigger clubs for him at moment would be Southampton or maybe a London team

West Ham next summer could be a decent shout thinking about it.

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

100k a week on a 3 year deal for a 34 year old striker. **** hell.

Total cost £15m including wages, that's cheap considering you know what you're getting.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Total cost £15m including wages, that's cheap considering you know what you're getting.

He is 34, 35 in October and Bournemouth need defenders.

• 2 years later...
Â