villaglint

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ballsy 

Imagine the s*** Heck would get if we ended up with a cock on our crest. 

Oh wait.....

image.png.a12eca0ed301f215ec8553460bc83b4a.png

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hands up I called it badly wrong on Iraola in October.

If you look back to the Wolves match then when they had 3 points from first 10 games all of Semenyo and Kluivert were both unused subs so that gives a big reason as to their improvement during the Winter.

I think they'll cash in on Solanke in the summer and sign Enes Unal as his replacement so see what sort of dynamic he gives them next season as he's been mostly restriced to sub cameos so far.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think they'll cash in on Solanke in the summer 

I don't think anyone will want him. He's done okay this season but that could easily be a once off. He hasn't shown over the course of his career that he's worthy of a big move. 

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't think anyone will want him. He's done okay this season but that could easily be a once off. He hasn't shown over the course of his career that he's worthy of a big move. 

So West Ham then.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Was linked to West Ham and Newcastle in January.

People always say "no one" will want this player or that but they always move in the end even if it's more as a squad player.

32 minutes ago, sne said:

So West Ham then.

Moyes will be gone in the summer but if he stays he's a typical Moyes signing. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

If you take out the games that we've lost this season, we would be averaging 2.57 ppg, which would have us top of the league by 12 points after 31 games.

Next season is going to be a piece of piss.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If you take out the games that we've lost this season, we would be averaging 2.57 ppg, which would have us top of the league by 12 points after 31 games.

If you ignore the parts where they were bad, they were really good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Turn the 5 draws into wins too and we have the perfect season. We'd be the genuine Invincibles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

Just another Calvert Lewin.

13 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Just another Calvert Lewin.

13 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Nah his knees aren't basically dust.

must be the heels that done it.

• Haha 2

I guess the point he is making there is that the poor start to the season might be down to a squad adapting to a new manager’s style and if they continue this form right from the off next season they will be a top half side?

Aye.  Plenty of Villa fans were doing the whole "table since Unai took the job" thing last season, and while it's slightly different I think you can see the point being made.  

However I think Bournemouth are still streaky.  They did get more than half their points for the entire season in that ridiculous run they had from Halloween to Christmas where they temporarily turned into Real Madrid.  Only Manchester City and ourselves took points off of them. 

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I guess the point he is making there is that the poor start to the season might be down to a squad adapting to a new manager’s style and if they continue this form right from the off next season they will be a top half side?

They could easily be a top half side this season, have a pretty decent run in so can see them getting past 50 points which will likely be enough and I assume their highest ever points tally in top division as Eddie Howe sides tended to ease off once they got past 40 points.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

They could easily be a top half side this season, have a pretty decent run in so can see them getting past 50 points which will likely be enough and I assume their highest ever points tally in top division as Eddie Howe sides tended to ease off once they got past 40 points.

They never got past 46 before

• Thanks 1

Â