villaglint

41 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Such a shame to see such a likable club who have miraculously stayed up for so long on such a tiny budget go down...

How do they have so little? Surely they have the same TV money as say us if not more? 

Huge decision for Eddie Howe now.

Think logical thing would be for him to step down and wait for some mid table prem clubs to sack their managers and he should get back in soon enough.

Think with their business model Bournemouth will really struggle to challenge again for premier league anytime soon. Reminds me of Wigan being in the prem for ages, finally going down and since then they've become a yo yo team between championship and league 1 as they don't have the cash or fanbase to challenge.

I do think generally they were involved in more interesting games against the top 6/7 than other bottom half teams.

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

The thing with that is even if that goal had counted surely we would have been level on points and goal difference with Bournemouth but because we've outscored them they would have gone down anyway!

Unless I'm missing something....

Seeing it plasted over twitter about it being  the thing that kept us up. Ignoring Kevin Friend v Palace, El Ghazi not getting a stone wall penalty in that Sheff Utd game and countless other VAR screwing over the course of the season. Slightly irritating but its a happy day so I'll wallow in the bitterness (I'm usually the bitter one).

40 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Seeing it plasted over twitter about it being  the thing that kept us up. Ignoring Kevin Friend v Palace, El Ghazi not getting a stone wall penalty in that Sheff Utd game and countless other VAR screwing over the course of the season. Slightly irritating but its a happy day so I'll wallow in the bitterness (I'm usually the bitter one).

Dont forget the Bournemouth keeper taling Engels out in a stonewall penalty 

• Like 1

As for Bournemouth I doubt we will see them in the top flight again. I am not going abuse them because they aren't a big team but they spent way over the means and I expect them to go like Portsmouth 

Alsobe shocked if another top team gives Howe a go

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As for Bournemouth I doubt we will see them in the top flight again. I am not going abuse them because they aren't a big team but they spent way over the means and I expect them to go like Portsmouth 

Alsobe shocked if another top team gives Howe a go

Which Prem job would be available? Palace? Maybe.

If he stays Norwich and Bournemouth would be strong in the Champ

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Little to no sympathy for a club spunking a combined £35m on Jordan Ibe and Dominc Solanke. 2 transfers more deserving of a money laundering investigation I never have seen.

I don’t think we can say that, McCormack, Hogan...etc 😂

I hope that we just get it right this time.

8 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

maybe but they had a track record at least

Solanke, Smith and Ibe all came from the same team for OTT prices. Smith had been released by Liverpool and re-signed then sold to Bournemouth for 8 million. Not sure he ever played for Liverpool

Just now, Zatman said:

maybe but they had a track record at least

Solanke, Smith and Ibe all came from the same team for OTT prices. Smith had been released by Liverpool and re-signed then sold to Bournemouth for 8 million. Not sure he ever played for Liverpool

To be honest I don’t know all these circumstances, just looked at their prices. But fair enough. Got what you guys are saying.

7 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Scott Hogan had just scored 21 goals in 33 games and was wanted by Premier League clubs, he looked a coup at the time. McCormack similarly was seemingly guaranteed goals in the league. Obviously in hindsight neither worked out.

Ibe and Solanke had and have literally done absolutely nothing in their careers.

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

So glad this lot have gone down. Never been a fan of them in the Premier League, never seemed right!

I disagree mate. Honestly feel bad for their fans today. I watched their games against City and Saints and they deserved more. They’ve stuck with Howe who has done wonders there but that loyalty may have cost them in the end

Bournemouth cheated FFP to get promoted don't forget. Their high risk business model is reliant on Premier League TV money pouring in, they've got big players on big long-term contracts, who unless sold, we will be drains on reduced income, even with parachute payments. Ake is off and so will a few others, I could see Howe leaving, but I don't see them walking the Championship either. They play good football at times, but I am not sure how that will translate with a lower league rebuild.

My resounding memory of Bournemouth is, sadly, my boss parking in their players carpark when we attended an event at the stadium (which is tiny) and some players checking out his car like 'who bought a shit Beemer?!'.

• Haha 1

Howe strikes me as the kind of manager who has done very well at Bournemouth but won't do much anywhere else. If Smith comes under pressure next season I expect us to be strongly linked with him but I hope we don't go for him. Likewise with Dyche.

5 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Such a shame to see such a likable club who have miraculously stayed up for so long on such a tiny budget go down...

As opposed to...?

I’m in no mind to do anything but celebrate!

Edited by Wainy316

Â