villaglint

What do people think of their prospects after Saturday?

I think they will lose plenty but also win enough to keep them up. I think Eddie Howe is a very good manager and they will cause a lot of teams problems.

Also in Gradel, Wilson and Ritchie they have the weapons to get goals which is the lifeblood of any survival campaign.

I thought Matt Ritchie was the best player on the pitch on Saturday, very impressed.

I didn't think Ritchie was that great, he had a few good balls where he switched the play but his only goal threat was a couple of shots from distance. Far, far from the best player on the pitch.

As for bournemouth, I think they'll be relegated.

I'd agree his goal threat wasnt great on Saturday (which was good for us!). However I thought in general he looked a very intelligent player with decent technique. I've watched the game twice and a lot of their threat came down that side with Ritchie and Frances linking up very well. In fact Amavi did very well defending under some significant pressure.

Obviously it is all opinions but I cant think of anyone who was far far above him.

• Like 1

The worry would be that they played well and lost. I think if they continue to play like they did then they'll be fine overall. But they'll definitely have days where they don't play well and those could be hidings. They need to make their good play count otherwise it'll be a long season.  I still think they stay up though.

When looking at the fixtures this is one they would have absolutely wanted to win. First game. At home. Against, arguably, the worst team from last years premier league. This would have been pencilled in as a must win game. If not must win certainly must not lose. They will need to get the loss out of their system sooner rather than later. They do have some pretty winnable games coming up though. Leicester and Sunderland and Watford at home and Norwich away. That will take them to 8 games played and by then if they have 9-12 points on the board they may start to gain some confidence. If they still only have 3-6 points after that lot then they are in big trouble.

I worry they play nice football but will struggle to score many and then be prone to be getting picked off by more ruthless opposition 

To be honest, they looked as if they'd struggle.

Pretty patterns but zero cutting edge.

Except for the three gilt edged chances they created in the first half you mean.

Didn't realise they scored them. We must have lost 3-1.

• Like 1

Need more than just relying on Wilson I feel.

I thought Ritchie looked like he will be a good player for them this season. Has made the step up in class look easy.

Except for the three gilt edged chances they created in the first half you mean.

Come on Stefan you a normally a pretty reasoned poster. You said they had zero cutting edge which in my mind at least didn't make sense when they created three wonderful chances. If what you meant was pretty patterns but zero goals then fair enough.

Come on Stefan you a normally a pretty reasoned poster. You said they had zero cutting edge which in my mind at least didn't make sense when they created three wonderful chances. If what you meant was pretty patterns but zero goals then fair enough.

They didn't cut us open. They passed it nicely and spurned pretty good chances. By cutting edge I meant, creating and putting them away.

If they carry on like that, they'll struggle.

Got to admire them. I hope they stay up. Just not at our expense. They arguably out played us, which is no mean feat.

Unfortunately for them, I think the bottom half of the league have improved this season. Last season they would have stayed up, I'm not so sure this season.

Â