U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

8 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I thought it was the House of Representatives that vote for the President and the Senate vote for the Vice President?

Yes, in a manner of speaking it is. But the system is more complicated than it sounds. Instead of each representative getting 1 vote (in which case Biden would win), each state gets 1 vote. Therefore, the representative for Wyoming (1 representative) is 1 state; the 55 representatives for California would also be 1 state.

I guess that sounds stupid, but like everything in American politics, arbitrary tracts of land are the basis for political representation, not people.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, in a manner of speaking it is. But the system is more complicated than it sounds. Instead of each representative getting 1 vote (in which case Biden would win), each state gets 1 vote. Therefore, the representative for Wyoming (1 representative) is 1 state; the 55 representatives for California would also be 1 state.

I guess that sounds stupid, but like everything in American politics, arbitrary tracts of land are the basis for political representation, not people.

Nationalism.

Only somewhat arbitrary in a geographic/sociological sense. It is annoying to anyone with a quantitative mindset though!

9 minutes ago, villakram said:

Nationalism.

Only somewhat arbitrary in a geographic/sociological sense. It is annoying to anyone with a quantitative mindset though!

You're right, and I'm mainly being snarky. But I do pretty strongly believe that if you can draw a border in a straight line for hundreds of miles, it doesn't need to be there!

• Like 1

Looks like it may be into tomorrow, UK time, before any other results are in.  I have been watching CNN most of the day and they deserve a lot of credit for keeping up their enthusiasm given how little movement there has been.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Looks like it may be into tomorrow, UK time, before any other results are in.  I have been watching CNN most of the day and they deserve a lot of credit for keeping up their enthusiasm given how little movement there has been.

I recommend prune juice.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xann said:

e5ed8d6f-ef1b-4771-a90b-3d9ddea34f9e.jpg.3493ba96d7e3cc6bfcef060c3245ecbb.jpg

What is going on with his orangeness?

Applied from across a room by catapult?

Tinted monocle?

I think it's a combination of things.

1. He uses a tanning bed and you wear those little plastic eye covers - thats why he has panda eyes.

2. On top of that he gets spray tans. (Ghey.)

3. TV make-up.

Can you imagine being so vain as to want either of the 1st two?

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Just switched it on because I heard there was an announcement from Georgia. 

Just missed it but its apparent that nothing was announced that we didn't already know. 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just missed it but its apparent that nothing was announced that we didn't already know. 

They just announced how many votes were left to count and what part of Georgia they are from and said they hope to finish counting today.

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Can you imagine being so vain as to want either of the 1st two?

Looks like he was asked to hold a steak over his eyes whilst he was sprayed with iodine.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

18k Trump lead, 60k votes remaining.

Should be done within an hour or two apparently. 

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

18k Trump lead, 60k votes remaining.

Should be done within an hour or two apparently. 

How much is 18k down from what it was before?  I can't remember what the lead was earlier

30 minutes ago, Xann said:

e5ed8d6f-ef1b-4771-a90b-3d9ddea34f9e.jpg.3493ba96d7e3cc6bfcef060c3245ecbb.jpg

What is going on with his orangeness?

Applied from across a room by catapult?

Tinted monocle?

It looks like he has been shot with Homer Simpson’s make up gun set on whore

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nobody can say Trump doesn’t want it...

I honestly don't think he wants the presidency, he just doesn't want to lose. I think as well he never wanted it in the first place, just someone told him "he would never be president". He is an egotistical man driven by proving that he is right on everything. I don't think I have ever seen him admit he was wrong on something or taken any blame for anything. 

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nobody can say Trump doesn’t want it...

According to something I read , purportedly from a  close a confident ,  on the whole he doesn't want it , there are too many aspects to the job he dislikes and finds frustrating ...  but  , he hates to lose and its this ego that is driving him 

Edit - beaten to it .....  so , What he said , just before me :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Walmley_Villa said:

🤡 Terrifying

"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words." Matthew 6:7

Â