U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was going along these lines...

Journo: How many ballots are outstanding?

Election Official: I literally just spent the first five minutes talking to you and giving you exact figures of what ballots were remaining and what categories they fall into

J2: Why is it taking so long?

EO:I just explained that quite extensively in answer to the previous question which was exactly the same as yours, I'm not going to repeat myself.

J3: Can you comment on these figures... Starts reeling off figures

EO: Those are someone elses figures not the ones I gave you. I suggest you go ask whoever gave them to you. My figures are accurate

Nevada is a Ballots postmarked by State so they can still arrive until the middle of next week.

There are a number of ballots who haven't correctly provided their ID when voting, they have until tomorrow to do so

In all fairness it's no different to most interviews most UK journalists do with politicians. Just keep asking the same question over and over trying to get them to say something controversial. Pisses me off no end. 

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

2. Nevada isn't getting called until next week at the earliest due to their processes

That's not really his decision to make is it? States don't "call" themselves, the media does. So if the media feel that corrected and late-arriving ballots are not going to be enough to overturn a lead then they will call it.

Loads of states allow ballots that arrive until November 10th to be counted, but they were called long ago (including hypothetically in-play states) because they don't think they will change the outcome. 

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That's not really his decision to make is it? States don't "call" themselves, the media does.

Sorry, I wasn't claiming the election official was saying that, it was my take on the information he provided. Should have made that clearer

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That's not really his decision to make is it? States don't "call" themselves, the media does. So if the media feel that corrected and late-arriving ballots are not going to be enough to overturn a lead then they will call it.

I just don't get this. Why don't they do it the same way as us? When you've finished counting, you announce the final result. The media should have no idea until then (aside from exit polls). 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If you live in America it would have to be second nature to deal with dumbasses on a daily basis. 

f5088422-eb74-4eaf-8069-5f6a42cb45fb.jpg

Ha that same election official is there during this, dealing with, that dumbass.

Edited by Wainy316

I was gobsmacked to realise that Trump is just the most recent incarnation of despicable bully boy tactics from Republicans to circumvent Democracy. 

I just read up about the Brooks Brothers Riots from 2000.  Absolutely shocking. 

The USA really needs to change the law and start having some very serious penalties for any attempt to frustrate the Democratic process.  It's meant to be a beacon of shining light in terms of democracy but the more you delve into it the more is seems like a cesspit of cheating more akin to some dodgy third world dictatorship putting on a sham of an election. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I think being contrary to us is how they got that America ball rolling.

MAGBA

Found out recently that’s the root of all the spelling mistakes over there. They literally rewrote the dictionary after the revolution to differentiate themselves from Britain. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I just don't get this. Why don't they do it the same way as us? When you've finished counting, you announce the final result. The media should have no idea until then (aside from exit polls). 

I would guess that it's mainly scale. Our largest constituency by people is about 110,000 and by area about 4,500 sq. miles. When you're dealing with "constituencies" of 40m people or 500,000 sq. miles then you are coming into logistical difficulties to do things quickly. 

If voting and counting were all done over a period of two weeks and they were counted as you went then they probably could. But that probably throws up its own problems in terms of secrecy and leaks. And I guess you make the decision that doing things properly (I know, I know...) is more important than doing things quickly. 

For historical context, that's exactly what they used to do. Voting went on for months, and the gap between the November election and the inauguration the following year only exists because historically the admin took so long. 

• Thanks 1

Trumpite suckers have so far crowdfunded Donny's litigation fund to the tune of $8 million. I suspect that this may actually be earmarked for his upcoming defence against criminal charges. Or just go into his pocket. 

• Like 1

Â