U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Under ten thousand now.

Edit - and US psephology Twitter suggests that based on what's come in and what's yet to come, Georgia should be Biden's. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You love to see it.

Is this primarily about the call of Arizona - which doesn't really change anything, except be a bit embarrassing for Fox and the AP if they have to retract it, as far as I can tell - or is it about giving Trump people a hard time like this:

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is this primarily about the call of Arizona - which doesn't really change anything, except be a bit embarrassing for Fox and the AP if they have to retract it, as far as I can tell - or is it about giving Trump people a hard time like this:

I hate it when the hosts let them off the hook like that. They should have said everything post marked the 3rd would arrive at least 1 day later. You want those votes on the day of the election thrown out?

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I guess that their whole plan relied on enough media noise that their "stolen election" narrative was given a fair hearing.

As soon as the one outlet that might have been sympathetic enough to give it space to run shut it down from the start - well, there isn't a lot of space to manoeuvre from there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fox calling Arizona so early for Biden really **** up Trump’s plan to claim the ballots counted after Election Day were fraudulent. A bunch of his supporters are out in Arizona chanting to keep counting ballots. It blows a hole in the whole idea of “stopping the count”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Fox calling Arizona so early for Biden really **** up Trump’s plan to claim the ballots counted after Election Day were fraudulent. A bunch of his supporters are out in Arizona chanting to keep counting ballots. It blows a hole in the whole idea of “stopping the count”.

How does the call change that? He would have been behind in Arizona no matter what, needing votes counted. Not trying to be obtuse, I just don't see how the call changes that reality.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I reckon it would be safer than the current method.

The Russians and Chinese would have a field day. 

We would have the official result being Charlie Chaplin elected as Prime Minister. 

I see a lot of what goes on through my job.  You would be amazed as what gets hacked and big ransoms are regularly paid because there is no other way of getting away from hackers.

Huge corporations with the best defences are routinely hacked. 

An election especially with dubious Government protections would be target number 1 for cyber attack from hostile state sponsored attacks, cyber criminals and every hotshot hacker on the bloc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I might sound like a Trump supporter but when Fox were the only ones to call Arizona so early, because they have an old school election expert on their desk who wouldn't budge even with the network on his back - I have to say it felt like it had been arranged, in order to puncture Trump's narrative. Which is good, obviously. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How does the call change that? He would have been behind in Arizona no matter what, needing votes counted. Not trying to be obtuse, I just don't see how the call changes that reality.

I don’t know but you could tell it got to him. When he made his acceptance speech on Tuesday night there were mostly undecided states that he was claiming but he got hung up talking about Arizona being decided against him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I guess that their whole plan relied on enough media noise that their "stolen election" narrative was given a fair hearing.

As soon as the one outlet that might have been sympathetic enough to give it space to run shut it down from the start - well, there isn't a lot of space to manoeuvre from there. 

Yeah, that sounds plausible. It's pretty worrying if they really thought there was a chance Fox would support them trying to run this play, but I suppose not that surprising.

Something we're going to need to grapple with is that this isn't just a few bad characters, and the people working in the White House just openly trying to prevent legitimate ballots being counted are mostly going to go back to being members in good standing of the national Republican party in the next few months.

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

I reckon it would be safer than the current method.

SImply, the safest voting method is pen and paper, providing the polling stations are properly managed and monitored. If anything the US complicate things by adding in electronic voting.

Here's a video that explains why electronic voting is bad. (It's actually a followup to video from 5 years earlier about the same thing)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I'm just chuckling to myself at the thought of people trying to put peppers or tomatoes into an envelope .

Ludicrous idea.  Cabbages are the only way of deciding the future of leaders as everyone knows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Georgia Senate seat looks to be going to a run-off with the Republican vote falling below 50%

It’s two of them that look like going to a run off. If the Democrats won them both they would actually have control of the Senate. 

• Like 1

Â