Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I got scared, was worried it was a link to the part time Juventus player 

Good move for him and good for him to get some game time

Hah me too. Then got confused that he was going to Cheltenham!

Should be a good move from him. Not too far from Villa. Nice club, good  pitch, promising young manager.

“Aaron, who turns 19 on January 21”

Thought he was still 17. Pandemic brain really doesn’t help with keeping track of time. Great that he’s getting a loan though, hope he does as well as KKH did. 

I'm seeing a few suggestions that we haven't learned our mistake after sending Barry to League One, Ipswich aren't a normal League One team, they outspent every other team and signed twenty plus players in the summer, including three or four that play in Barry's position, Ramsey going to Cheltenham isn't really comparable.

Also think it's good that they're a midtable team, they don't look to be in any danger of going down, and promotion looks unlikely as well, so less pressure on their games, which will hopefully mean more game time for Aaron.

I'll get my scouting hat back on, I usually make 10 or so Cheltenham games a year, will feed back. 

The team is quite direct but setup well to allow midfielders to shine where they have quality. Will certainly increase his physicality and if he's good enough he will get lots of game time. 

Just now, useless said:

I'm seeing a few suggestions that we haven't learned our mistake after sending Barry to League One, Ipswich aren't a normal League One team, they outspent every other team and signed twenty plus players in the summer, including three or four that play in Barry's position, Ramsey going to Cheltenham isn't really comparable.

Also think it's good that they're a midtable team, they don't look to be in any danger of going down, and promotion looks unlikely as well, so less pressure on their games, which will hopefully mean more game time for Aaron.

Cheltenham are built around short term contracts and the loan system. They have the lowest spend in league 1 so are very reliant on relationships with the likes of villa. They also have a manager that really knows the value of these young players. In my experience so far (and I'm slightly biased), if this doesn't work out if will be a million miles away from the Ipswich situation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, useless said:

They also couldn't agree a new contract with our mate Danny Crowley, who played a fair bit this season.  I imagine Ramsey "replaces" him.

Cheltenham Town are excited to announce that England youth international Aaron Ramsey has signed for the club on a loan agreement until the end of the campaign.

The highly rated 18-year-old makes the move to the Jonny-Rocks Stadium from Premier League side Aston Villa.

An attack minded midfielder, the transfer is his first away from Villa Park, and sees him arrive as the Robins fourth January addition.

In his time at Villa he's developed an exciting reputation. He's featured in their under-21s side in the Papa John's Trophy, and in August 2021 made his first team debut in a Carabao Cup thrashing of League Two side Barrow.

Last season he helped Villa win the FA Youth Cup with a 2-1 victory over Liverpool in the final.

Away from his club side, he has represented England up to under-19 level, and in September 2021 was called up to the under-21s squad.

His brother, Jacob, is a part of the first team squad under manager Steven Gerrard at Villa, and himself spent time on loan in League One previously with Doncaster Rovers.

If you are interested in sponsoring Ramsey in his time at the club then email luke.saunders@ctfc.com to find out more.

You'll be able to watch a first interview with Ramsey exclusively soon on iFollow.

He is available to be a part of the squad for this coming Saturday's home contest against Charlton Athletic.

ctfc.com

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Cheltenham Town are excited to announce that England youth international Aaron Ramsey has signed for the club on a loan agreement until the end of the campaign.

The highly rated 18-year-old makes the move to the Jonny-Rocks Stadium from Premier League side Aston Villa.

An attack minded midfielder, the transfer is his first away from Villa Park, and sees him arrive as the Robins fourth January addition.

In his time at Villa he's developed an exciting reputation. He's featured in their under-21s side in the Papa John's Trophy, and in August 2021 made his first team debut in a Carabao Cup thrashing of League Two side Barrow.

Last season he helped Villa win the FA Youth Cup with a 2-1 victory over Liverpool in the final.

Away from his club side, he has represented England up to under-19 level, and in September 2021 was called up to the under-21s squad.

His brother, Jacob, is a part of the first team squad under manager Steven Gerrard at Villa, and himself spent time on loan in League One previously with Doncaster Rovers.

If you are interested in sponsoring Ramsey in his time at the club then email luke.saunders@ctfc.com to find out more.

You'll be able to watch a first interview with Ramsey exclusively soon on iFollow.

He is available to be a part of the squad for this coming Saturday's home contest against Charlton Athletic.

ctfc.com

Seems like the perfect loan move for him

If Cheltenham give him a chance and he looks average to begin with, I think it's important that they stick with and allow him to grow into their team, as I remember watching him last season for the U23s, at the start of the season he looked good and you could see flashes of brilliance, but it was the last ten or so games when his game seemed to reach another level and you could really tell what the hype was about, second half of last season I'd say he was just as good as Chukwuemeka at U23 level.

Just now, grayslickuk said:

Nice, I'm stupidly excited about this. I go to most Cheltenham home games.

Was only thinking recently its a shame the robins dont have any Villa players at the moment.

Will post some progression reports on here! 

Great, please do.  He's always looked class when I've seen him on villa TV.  Good luck Aaron👍

On 10/01/2022 at 11:03, HalfTimePost said:

I heard Cheltenham and assumed League 2 to be honest and wasnt sure. But League 1 is a  good move for him.

Anybody know how they play? Is he likely to be deployed as a 10 or as a left winger?

Cheltenham play five at the back, wing backs being the width. Three in the middle and two up front.

Ramsey will play in the midfield. Crowley has just departed and so he will slot into his place quite nicely alongside Callum Wright on loan from Leicester.

Jake Doyle-Hayes went there on loan a few seasons ago and was very good for them, although didn't make it at Villa.

Â