Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

17 year old central midfielder impressing in our training sessions according to Birmingham Live. I saw him for our u16s last season, he’s brilliant, dynamic and explosive, glides across the pitch. He’s the brother of Jacob who is now performing brilliantly on loan at Doncaster Rovers. There is also a third brother called Cole who is younger than the other 2

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

17 year old central midfielder impressing in our training sessions according to Birmingham Live. I saw him for our u16s last season, he’s brilliant, dynamic and explosive, glides across the pitch

Isn't he supposed to be higher rated than Jacob? 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think that would be unfair to say 1 is better than the other, they are both brilliant. They are very different players 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I've heard this too. It would be great if they both become 1st team players.

We were discussing in the SHA thread how it seems to be quite a common claim for younger siblings as apparently it is claimed Bellingham's brother. The Gardner's, the Longstaff's etc. Most of the time I think it's when the older sibling has played 1st team football, which doesn't surprise me as I overrate pretty much every youngster to some degree until I've seen them have a run in the team!

That article annoyed me. More fool me for clicking on their crap. The training video was only 3 minutes long and they based a whole article on about 5 seconds worth when he scored 2 goals in a training game.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I've heard this too. It would be great if they both become 1st team players.

We were discussing in the SHA thread how it seems to be quite a common claim for younger siblings as apparently it is claimed Bellingham's brother. The Gardner's, the Longstaff's etc. Most of the time I think it's when the older sibling has played 1st team football, which doesn't surprise me as I overrate pretty much every youngster to some degree until I've seen them have a run in the team!

That article annoyed me. More fool me for clicking on their crap. The training video was only 3 minutes long and they based a whole article on about 5 seconds worth when he scored 2 goals in a training game.

Join the club in overrating pretty much.every young player!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Join the club in overrating pretty much.every young player!

I'd say nearly every football fan is the same. It's just the degree we do it and whether we're willing to go out on a limb saying it publicly when we've been burnt in the past. I like the fact you post your unfiltered, optimistic opinion on every player without worrying about being wrong in the past. Living in London I don't get a chance to see any of them play so I enjoy reading the opinions.

It's not really surprising as I think most tend to err on the side of hope until we've been disappointed.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Not gonna lie, part of me thought it was a transfer speculation thread started about us trying to sign £400.000/week permacrock Aaron Ramsey from Juve :D 

Thats what i thought !

Has captained England at U17 level as well, from what I've read he plays a little deeper than Jacob and is meant to be quite tenacious, more of a traditional midfielder by the sound of that description, but six goals and 3 assists in thirteen appearances in the league for our U18s suggests that he likes to get forward as well.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Jacob's little brother has signed his first pro contract with the club.

Alongside Louie Barry, Aaron has been one of the star turns in the U23 side this season.

Aaron Ramsey pens professional contract

Aaron Ramsey has signed his first professional contract with Aston Villa.

The 18-year-old has impressed for the Under-23 squad this season, scoring six goals from central midfield in 14 Premier League 2 appearances.

Ramsey, who has seen older brother Jacob break into the first team during the current campaign, has been regularly capped by England at youth level and was called into the Young Lions Under-19 squad in November.

NF1uimJX?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3

Good luck mate, hope to see you rocking it the Prem before too long! 

I know they won't all succeed but for the first time in a long while you can see our youth teams producing quality players for our first team which is how it should be. 

Let's face it without Grealish, who has come through of note in the last how many years.....

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In the highlights i've seen he looks good alongside Carney Chukwuemeka and Louie Barry.

Imagine if the three continue to develop and get some 'game time' maybe end of the season and next.

Doubt we’ll see him anytime soon in the first team to be honest even late next season.  

Glad they are signing up to professional contracts so they can keep growing together over the next season or so and then eventually in time move to the first team.  

Thankfully we don’t have to rush them.

16 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah they are still young. But if we have nothing to play for end of the season we will likely see some of the youngsters I'd hope.

Unlikely we’ll have nothing to play for though, we are 5 points off 6th place with a game in hand over Everton and two games over Liverpool.  

I think they’ll be pushing right until the end of the season because the closer we look to European places and league position, the more attractive to potential players.

Plus if we fall away and lose points we could still slip into the bottom half.  More attractive to potential players as a top ten team that lower half team.

Also, we want to finish on a high so potential players don’t look at us and think we are going to do a Sheff Utd, we want them to see us as fabulous first half season team, had a blip and then came back to a high so we are a team on the up and the first half of season wasn’t a blip.

The kids are still kids, we have plenty of time to bed them in.  This season is a perception season for potential players to attract.  Unless the kids are exceptional and better already than the equivalent first teamer then I think they should wait just for this season.

I think Dean will push until the last day to get the best league position and the most points in this transitional season back to the higher end of football in this country and perception will be a key selling point to potential players especially from abroad.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

Â