Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

16 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Today on the presser Dean Smith referred to him as AJ right? I asked in the Jacob Ramsey thread the other day why he is called JJ, but don't remember getting an answer. Now Aaron Ramsay is AJ. I think I will go nutts if someone doesn't explain this to me soon. Why JJ and AJ?!? And not JR and AR? Where does this J at the end come from? What is it that I don't understand? Am I still sane? 😱 😱 😱

(hmm...or could it be that the -ay in ramsay sounds like a J and that's why?) 

Aaron James Ramsey according to wikipedia. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Quite the achievement for an 18yr old. 

I've said it across numerous threads, but I think he's the standout player in our academy at the moment. I think he'll turn out to be the best of the lot. 

I agree....he's the one that's caught my eye too.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He ain’t better than Chuck and JPB.

It's actually weird that he barely got any mentions for so long.

Whenever I saw him, I think it was FA Youth Cup run ( then he got injured? ) he looked ridiculous.

Now looks to be getting hench as well.

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's actually weird that he barely got any mentions for so long.

Whenever I saw him, I think it was FA Youth Cup run ( then he got injured? ) he looked ridiculous.

Now looks to be getting hench as well.

We’ve got some great youngsters. Very promising but have to be patience with them. Jacob currently the best of all of them and you see how quickly some fans can write them off when they get their chance. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Oh yes. And each one is better than the one before. Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey are improving their produce with each attempt.

Oh yes so there is, found this on the AVillaFan site, Cole Ramsey, 14.

G'warn Mrs Ramsey, absolute hero.

The Ramsey brotherhood is founded by three brothers, Jacob, who has made his first-team breakthrough: Aaron, 18, who continues to make a big impression at Bodymoor Heath and even captained England Under-17s recently, and Cole, 14, who is developing further down the age groups at Villa.

Three Ramsey’s in one Villa team of the future is quite a thought and they’re already a third of the way there with Jacob turning professional last year. There is some friendly debate over who is the most talented footballer in the family.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Cheltenham Town are set to sign highly-rated young midfielder Aaron Ramsey on loan from Aston Villa.

The 18-year-old has progressed through the academy at the Premier League club since joining them at the age of eight.

He has also represented England at youth level, captaining the Under-17s in November 2020, when he played alongside Bayern Munich starlet Jamal Musiala.

Ramsey's old brother Jacob, 20, is also on the books at Villa and has broken into the first team, while younger sibling Cole is also within the academy set-up at Villa Park. Their father Mark was once a professional boxer.

Aaron, who turns 19 on January 21, lives in the Great Barr area of Birmingham.

Gloucestershire Live

• Like 4

Â