Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

@cheltenham_villa @grayslickuk I know yesterday was an away game but don't suppose you saw or heard much about his cameo vs Rotherham?

I watched it, he came on for the final 30 minutes, maybe slightly less. Played in an advanced role, looked keen to get on the ball but had little impact for me.

Would give it a good few weeks for him to break into the side and learn about his team mates. I'm hoping to get next weekend and hopefully he'll start.

slightly concerned about his chances of getting into the side with the position Cheltenham are in, and with them just signing Charlie Colkett who used to be quite a highly-rated CM. got a few people to try and displace now I just hope the manager sees enough in him to give him minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

How's he doing?

Slow start for me, felt like he went twenty minutes without a kick but slowly growing into the game. Looks confident on the ball, some nice touches but I think needs time to get to know his team mates. Cheltenham are behind so need to push a bit more, unfortunately they have a tendency to go direct and not sure that will suit Ramsey.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Slow start for me, felt like he went twenty minutes without a kick but slowly growing into the game. Looks confident on the ball, some nice touches but I think needs time to get to know his team mates. Cheltenham are behind so need to push a bit more, unfortunately they have a tendency to go direct and not sure that will suit Ramsey.

Thanks for that 👍

11 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I was at the game last night and was going to report similar. He was finding space and asking for the ball loads but was invisible to his team most of the game, although he did see a bit more of the ball in the second half. Cheltenham are always looking to go direct via Alfie May and I agree that it doesn't feel a great fit for Ramsey but we will see.

On a side note, the situation with Sunderland makes me very grateful to our owners as it could have very easily been us!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeh I think you pretty much summed up his performance last night.

Alfie May didn't seem to pass to Ramsey much first half, but second half they linked up well. Cheltenham were better when Wright came on and Ramsey was then able to get into the game more.

He looks like Jacob Ramsey did a few seasons ago at the moment, he needs to bulk up slightly and get some games under his belt; the footballing potential is all there with nice touches and driving runs at times. Another loan next season would benefit him massively, after learning a lot from this loan spell.

On 09/02/2022 at 17:07, wilko154 said:

Yeh I think you pretty much summed up his performance last night.

Alfie May didn't seem to pass to Ramsey much first half, but second half they linked up well. Cheltenham were better when Wright came on and Ramsey was then able to get into the game more.

He looks like Jacob Ramsey did a few seasons ago at the moment, he needs to bulk up slightly and get some games under his belt; the footballing potential is all there with nice touches and driving runs at times. Another loan next season would benefit him massively, after learning a lot from this loan spell.

I think this will be a good loan spell. It may not be the one where we really see his value but I think it will help him develop both physically and on the defensive parts of his games. He will learn to ride tackles, he will learn that he has to take his chances and he will also have a decent level of competition for midfield places.

24 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

My weekly Aaron Ramsey update. Cheltenham secured a ni nil draw with Ipswich last night, Ramsey played for about 60 minutes, he had a slight know before going off but was more likely withdrawn for tactical reasons. 

For context Cheltenham had about 35 percent of the ball and managed about 4 shots. They played in front of 20k fans (impressive for league one) and this was the equivalent of Burney going to Old Trafford. 

He did ok, it's a steep learning curve I think for him, hes playing lots of minutes but has very limited opportunity to impact in the final 3rd if that's where we see him. Rightly though he was withdrawn after an hour as he was struggling in the game. 

I still think it's a good experience for him, he's playing in a good team and learning about the importance of taking opportunity when you have it. He's playing in front of big crowds and he's understanding the physicality that comes with league one football.

Hes starting games in league one which is good, it's a decent level.

Â