Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

He's very much a central midfielder, so was kind of playing out of position today as he was against Walsall really but suited him better in that game playing on the left where can cut inside onto his right foot. But I think it was more about giving him game time than anything else, I thought as with all the other youngsters he did okay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Too good for the u23s now - needs a loan to a league one club or so. 

Agreed. U23 about development and not winning the league or games. Arron Ramsey is too good for that level. Be great if he gets a loan at l1/l2 level

49 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Agreed. U23 about development and not winning the league or games. Arron Ramsey is too good for that level. Be great if he gets a loan at l1/l2 level

I think the way we should look at it, it’s either to have a proper part to play with the squad (such as J.Ramsey last season, or Bidace and Cairney this season). Otherwise loan would be the best. 
For me, depending on who we end up keeping and getting, I would loan the two Ramsey’s. As it doesn’t look like Aaron will play a lot, and Jacob needs to play week in and week out. 
Next season depending on what happened with Cairney and Bidace, we can again see. 
We can’t keep such players playing 5-10 minutes. If they had some games like Jacob last season then great. If they are ready after that then fine, If they’ll face big challenges then loan would be the best thing.

We seem to put huge hopes in our youth setup, so I hope that DS have the courage to use those youngsters as he did with Jacob.

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We seem to put huge hopes in our youth setup, so I hope that DS have the courage to use those youngsters as he did with Jacob.

Agree, to a point. In theory we want to blood the best youth in our senior squad, but Deano is under immense pressure to do better in the league this season so will want his strongest team on the pitch whenever possible. 

Like you I think using loans well to gain experience and properly assess them is absolutely key. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

The advantage of keeping a player with the U23s is that they can focus on development and at their own pace.

It’s limited development though, just like match fitness you don’t get that just by intense training, it takes matches to get that fitness.  

U23 is cruising for some of these guys, their development there further will be small or negligible compared to competitive football.  You get better by playing competitive matches and being in harder situations both physically and mentally. Loans are invaluable for those players cruising at U23 level but not ready for first team action.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

The advantage of keeping a player with the U23s is that they can focus on development and at their own pace. On loan, it's all about results.

I honestly don't think he's got anything to learn at youth level now - he's ready for first team minutes somewhere.

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Realistically how many starts do you think he'd get at a League 2 club? 

He's 18 years old and not big 

I'm not convinced he'd play that much 

If the scouts/management have eyes, it should be every game - he'd absolutely tear that league up. Stronger than he looks.

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Presumably you’d loan him to a club with a full quota of big lumps but a need for someone skilful in the ACM role? 

Don’t think his age is a factor if he’s good enough. 

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Same was said about Grealish at Notts County. Barry has bulked up a bit but is still very slight and should start for Ipswich.

Callum O'Hare was 20, maybe 21 when we sent him to Colchester and Coventry. Lad is only 5'9" but started with them both and is now a regular starter in the Championship.

Aaron can definitely go to League 2 on loan but as with the others you just need to find a manager willing to play football and give the kid a chance. 

• Like 1

On 14/08/2021 at 08:26, villa4europe said:

His brother was excelling in League 1 at his age, and I'm pretty sure Aaron would do likewise. Too good for development football now

He's scored twelve goals and provided five assists in his last twelve appearances in all competitions, nine of those goals have come in his last nine appearances at U23 level in PL2. I don't think he's far off Carney Chukwuemeka's level, he's been consistentlly brilliant for the U23s for a while now,, either needs to be promoted to the first team squad or to go out on loan, if he does go out on loan I'd expect him to go to a decent League One team like Barry has done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â