Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

He looked like Zinedine Zidane at times in U23 football towards the end of last season and start of this season. Too easily for him
Makes me wonder what the level of U23 is.
If he can stay confident he will bang in a few goals for Cheltenham

11 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Cheltenham play five at the back, wing backs being the width. Three in the middle and two up front.

Ramsey will play in the midfield. Crowley has just departed and so he will slot into his place quite nicely alongside Callum Wright on loan from Leicester.

Jake Doyle-Hayes went there on loan a few seasons ago and was very good for them, although didn't make it at Villa.

Oh right, how do the three in midfield play? Are they similar to our 3 man set up? 1 DM and 2 8s? Or 2 holding and a 10? Or just 3 CMs?

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Oh right, how do the three in midfield play? Are they similar to our 3 man set up? 1 DM and 2 8s? Or 2 holding and a 10? Or just 3 CMs?

Yes it's usually a similar setup to us, 1 DM and 2 8's. Although this changes in some games, Cheltenham were only promoted last season and so it's a challenging season for them. I think it will be well suited for Ramsey.

I think it'll be a good loan for him once fit.

Cheltenham are pretty much bang in the middle of the table, they aren't fighting relegation and have next to no chance of reaching the playoffs. They can afford to give him a lot of minutes and he can play without fear as a result.

Considering how his brothers turning out and Aaron allegedly the better of the 2 (3?) I'm really excited to see how he does. 

Does anybody know who the Ramseys supported growing up?

26 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Jacob is a fan too. 

Surprised more hasn't been made of it tbh. Kind of thing you'd expect pundits, local media and the social team to have mentioned a couple times. Or at least Dean as he loved talking about himself and the former Captain both being boyhood fans

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Surprised more hasn't been made of it tbh. Kind of thing you'd expect pundits, local media and the social team to have mentioned a couple times. Or at least Dean as he loved talking about himself and the former Captain both being boyhood fans

I feel like I've heard it a few times. I might be misremembering though.

10 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Didn't play yesterday due to covid.

Oh that's a shame, I'd heard he was carrying a knock from England duty but thought it was weird as he's been training with us or Cheltenham for a little while and didn't think he had suffered a big injury. Covid makes more sense.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Oh that's a shame, I'd heard he was carrying a knock from England duty but thought it was weird as he's been training with us or Cheltenham for a little while and didn't think he had suffered a big injury. Covid makes more sense.

I think that may also be true. duff said he was out with covid, rumours he's out for a while injured also. The only definite I heard was covid.

On 12/01/2022 at 00:11, messi11 said:

He looked like Zinedine Zidane at times in U23 football towards the end of last season and start of this season. Too easily for him
Makes me wonder what the level of U23 is.
If he can stay confident he will bang in a few goals for Cheltenham

I think a 45 year old ex Championship professional could stroll through U23 games tbh.

Players once they hit 17, at least players destined for the top are not learning a lot

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I feel like Jack and Dean used all the juice in that narrative. Not sure we are ready for an academy lad and fan come good in the first team story right after Jack left us the way he did. 

6 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Bit of a risk though isn't it. You just had jack leave and what does it say about us as a club if our fans and academy players are leaving whenever anyone else comes in. We needed the feel good story when we were shit. But now it's about making progress and the narrative we are pushing is one of success not of a boyhood club. 

• Like 1

Â