Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

we arent though, we have Guilbert and Chambers can comfortably play RB.

Young could also prob play RB at a push.

if cash breaks his leg tomorrow would you be happy with any of those playing RB for the rest of the season?

i think it's a daft decision...unless it's coming from the player and they don't want to lose another youngster

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

if cash breaks his leg tomorrow would you be happy with any of those playing RB for the rest of the season?

i think it's a daft decision...unless it's coming from the player and they don't want to lose another youngster

Equally if Cash starts every game and has a storming season it'll look a lot like 12 wasted months for KKH at such a pivotal time in his development.

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Cash played the most minutes of any outfield player in the PL last season

I don't think it's daft, we aren't in a place to have that kind of squad yet, the percentage liklihood of a broken leg is low (touch wood) 

That said I'd like him to stay and to get a chance, I just don't think injury cover is the reason to keep him here 

15 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Equally if Cash starts every game and has a storming season it'll look a lot like 12 wasted months for KKH at such a pivotal time in his development.

but with the 5 subs it gives KKH opportunities off the bench. not to mention that we want to take the cups seriously

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

It would be neither. We all know it will be Young at right back 😛

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

It would be neither. We all know it will be Young at right back 😛

Unless we were keeping Guibert not sure what the point is also.

I guess we have CBs who can backup.

Unless they are thinking it's better for KKH to get consistent first team football instead of being on the bench?

Personally would have probably kept him.

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

but with the 5 subs it gives KKH opportunities off the bench. not to mention that we want to take the cups seriously

We're unlikely to be in too many positions of comfort where we can change our RB.

It's short-term v long-term, and developing our talent with full games every week makes KKH more valuable for Villa's future seasons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

We're unlikely to be in too many positions of comfort where we can change our RB.

It's short-term v long-term, and developing our talent with full games every week makes KKH more valuable for Villa's future seasons.

He'll have done a stint at each level now as well.  They'll be monitoring him closely.

• Like 2

Him staying with us this season might have been convenient to us in the short-term, but in the longer term it's going to be much more beneficial to us and himself if he goes out on loan to the championship and gets regular game time at that level, he will develop better that way than he would barely getting any game time with us.

Also Huddersfield have done well with young loan players recently, Trevoh Chalobah, Emile Smith Rowe, Levi Colwill and Tino Anjorin have all had good spells there.

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Indeed, I'd have liked to have seen him stay but a stint in the Championship won't do him any harm.

Â