Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Didn’t see today, but based on the highlights I wonder if there’s a way to give him some time in other positions?   Impressive moving the ball.  Not enough video to see how he defends.  

Gives you an idea of how he is . Plays anywhere basically . 

If we get a decent lower league draw in one of the cups I’d be interested to see him in a front three with Ings/Archer centre and JPB on the left.

I wanted him to go loan for his defensive development as his attacking skill set is already there or thereabouts. Not sure I want him to go on loan anymore though. 

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

If we get a decent lower league draw in one of the cups I’d be interested to see him in a front three with Ings/Archer centre and JPB on the left.

I wanted him to go loan for his defensive development as his attacking skill set is already there or thereabouts. Not sure I want him to go on loan anymore though. 

That you, Steve?

• Like 1

I'd rather he went on loan till January for purely sentimental reasons. I really rate Cash and he's done so well for us - to drop him just before potentially his first World Cup would be devastating for him and I'm not sure whether he'd have it in him to fight for a shirt here after that - potentially look to move away after being dropped for a teenager from the academy. 

We've got a good run early season so there's potential to get both of them game time early on and see who works best in the system and links best with teammates. But as I say, I'd send him out. Preston are desperate for a RWB and as my 2nd team I'd love to see him at Deepdale, gutted Archer isn't going back was good fun watching him last season. 

• Like 1

He's not as good or close to being as good as Cash right now. He is though a very talented player, probably our closest to being ready other than Archer.

As much as It'd be great to have him around if he could go on loan to Championship I think it'd do wonders for his development.

He's not displacing Cash this year, but a year of regular football could give us a huge selection headache in a year's time. Alternatively we could put him higher up where he has also played for youth sides but I don't think that fits into our system.

15 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

He's not as good or close to being as good as Cash right now. He is though a very talented player, probably our closest to being ready other than Archer.

As much as It'd be great to have him around if he could go on loan to Championship I think it'd do wonders for his development.

He's not displacing Cash this year, but a year of regular football could give us a huge selection headache in a year's time. Alternatively we could put him higher up where he has also played for youth sides but I don't think that fits into our system.

The big problem, and it is a nice problem to have,  is that he has kicked on massively. Which means that what is best for the squad is for him to be in it, backing up Cash and learning at BMH. 

I agree that it would be good to get him a years loan , but whats the alternative we could have at right back. He has blown Guilbert out of the water on this tour. Done exactly what Gerrard was asking. Come and show everyone how good you are. 

And he is Villa through and through just to top it off. 

He had very unimpressive(going backwards) half season with Swindon and decent one with Mk dons. Ask the fans at the club and just loved that gave them some excitement but he lacked consistency like any young player. 

He still very raw and I think he needs game time. I don’t think that should be with us. I don’t think keeping youngsters are good thing if not giving them regular time. I just don’t see how it gets with cash. The 5 sub thing seems to be easy out, but doesn’t mean we using the 5 subs each game. 

he has all the tools to be top rb, but let’s give the next step in championship and recall if needed

Edited by Villa_Stateside

9 minutes ago, Villa_Stateside said:

He had very unimpressive(going backwards) half season with Swindon and decent one with Mk dons. Ask the fans at the club and just loved that gave them some excitement but he lacked consistency like any young player. 

He still very raw and I think he needs game time. I don’t think that should be with us. I don’t think keeping youngsters are good thing if not giving them regular time. I just don’t see how it gets with cash. The 5 sub thing seems to be easy out, but doesn’t mean we using the 5 subs each game. 

he has all the tools to be top rb, but let’s give the next step in championship and recall if needed

Swindon fans all rated him and were gutted to see him go. Goes completely against what you have said. He also caught the eye when playing against Man City for them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He actually seems to enjoy attacking more than defending, I have a feeling he can play anywhere along the right side, from back to front.

winger-wingback hybrid.  Definitely a baller.  Not sure whether to hope he gets a really good loan opportunity and crushes it and then assumes a spot with the club next year or see him get bits a pieces with the club this year.  Future is bright that's for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Swindon fans all rated him and were gutted to see him go. Goes completely against what you have said. He also caught the eye when playing against Man City for them. 

I watched him few games and followed what the fans had been saying about him. Even listen to Swindon podcasts that also say this.

‘everyone I spoke said his first and last game was his best. i just said he wasn’t that consistent at the back and could be below par at times. I didn’t say they didn’t like him

If you saying the people on forums were lying then fine. I can’t speak to every fan, but have backed up my claim

Edited by Villa_Stateside

I think he’s giving us that selection headache now tbh. At times he looks better going forward than Cash, he’s quicker, got a trick and has better final ball. Him and Bailey could be a scary proposition down that left hand side. For everyone talking about consistency probably worth mentioning how often Cash gave it away yesterday. 

Whether KKH is ready to usurp Cash and be a regular starter is another question though. Cash has come on defensively a lot in the last year. That together with his extra experience still puts him in the lead but given the importance Gerrard puts on full backs KKH would be a great option to bring on. Just need to decide if that role is going to be best for his development. 

8 hours ago, WHY said:

I think it’s a bit of both, @Villa_Stateside is right that he tailed off on loan at Swindon. Had a very good first couple of games and then became more “average”. It doesn’t mean that Swindon fans didn’t appreciate his talent (many have said he’s some player) but also that he’s a young lad on loan and wasn’t consistent. That’s expected!

Personally, I think he stays with us this season. Gets used to the system Gerrard wants us to play and gets some minutes under his belt - particularly in cup games but also some PL ones. He’s an exciting prospect. 

Honestly, I like him as much as the next guy and think he’s a big talent, but he’s had one good 45 minutes of football for our first team. He was actually quite poor versus Walsall.

He’s nowhere near Cash and still has a lot to learn. Personally, I feel a loan to the championship is his next step, but it depends who the club see as being our back up RB if that were to happen. 

I think 40 games of Championship football will be better for him than a handful of appearances off the bench in the PL and a couple of cup games.

Give him a couple of years and I think he’ll be knocking on the door for sure.

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly, I like him as much as the next guy and think he’s a big talent, but he’s had one good 45 minutes of football for our first team. He was actually quite poor versus Walsall.

He’s nowhere near Cash and still has a lot to learn. Personally, I feel a loan to the championship is his next step, but it depends who the club see as being our back up RB if that were to happen. 

I think 40 games of Championship football will be better for him than a handful of appearances off the bench in the PL and a couple of cup games.

Give him a couple of years and I think he’ll be knocking on the door for sure.

Depends where he goes in the Championship. I think he’s good enough to get some minutes for us, in the system we want to play. Is that worth trading off for pure game time at a club? I’m not sure. 

Edited by bobzy

8 hours ago, Villa_Stateside said:

I watched him few games and followed what the fans had been saying about him. Even listen to Swindon podcasts that also say this.

‘everyone I spoke said his first and last game was his best. i just said he wasn’t that consistent at the back and could be below par at times. I didn’t say they didn’t like him

If you saying the people on forums were lying then fine. I can’t speak to every fan, but have backed up my claim

Fair one, I have no real idea how he played as I didn’t see any of their games in truth and don’t read their forum, was just going off what fans were saying on Twitter. To be fair they didn’t rate Louis Barry for the first few games. I think sometimes they expect players to be brilliant because they have come from PL clubs but they are only really there to learn the game and gain experience. 

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Guilbert training with Chukweumeka and the kids. Assume he's going to be sent on loan or sold. Going to be a strong case for KKH to stay in their fold at Villa I think rather than a loan.

If they are on the bus to Brighton tomorrow rather than plane to Rennes then I would say that's that!

Edited by Kingman

Â