Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

This isnt about ability. This is about a shit show of a Huddersfield team . Sold all tbeir best players and lost their brilliant manager of last season who quit due to lack of support. 

This is why i wanted to keep him at Villa. A bad loan like this can wreck careers. Make a player stagnate away from Villa and decisions are made to sell them. 

He is more than good enough. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This isnt about ability. This is about a shit show of a Huddersfield team . Sold all tbeir best players and lost their brilliant manager of last season who quit due to lack of support. 

This is why i wanted to keep him at Villa. A bad loan like this can wreck careers. Make a player stagnate away from Villa and decisions are made to sell them. 

He wouldn’t get game time regularly for us though. We are struggling as it is, it wouldn’t be wise to throw a 19yr old defender in. Game time is the most important now for his development 

It's not the loan I'd have picked for him. Writing was on the wall for  Huddersfield the day they lost the play off final. Huge achievement for all but was never going to be built on.

Anyway he's better there than not playing here and the Championship is a great level for a player his age to play week in week out.

Who is to say he can't back in January and really push as out of sorts Cash following the world Cup.

13 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Welcome to the tough world of Football and Life. Not everyone can be Manchester City.
Kessler needs to come through this test if he ever going to play for Aston Villa

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

How is it a bad loan it’s only just started  ? It might turn out to be a brilliant loan. Just because the team is apparently shit doesn’t stop him performing well and developing his game in a different environment. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Dropped and then brought on at half time at 1-0 down to get them out the shit.

Aye get him out of there in January and competing with Matty. Good 20 or so games under his belt.

I think the kid has a good chance of making it with us but he’s not ready for the PL yet. He has a lot to learn defensively, watch Wigan’s second goal doesn’t do enough to stop the cross coming it that lead to their winner. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Playing as a wing back won't help him get used to the back 4 we use. He's mostly played as a wing back in first team football so far.

maybe our next manager will play a 343 variation.....

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

maybe our next manager will play a 343 variation.....

No preference really. Just something that works is fine.

It would be useful if we have a player who gets experience in a back four, while we look very back-foury currently.

Everyone is moving up an age group with the new season, so if he's going to get in any of the England squads it will be the U21s, and their options at the moment are Jed Spence and Max Aarons, I wouldn't be surprised if he's on standby in case either of those two get injured, he was dropped last season after he first joined Swindon but won his place back eventually, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again..

17 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Not in any England squad, which seems ridiculous. We’re very poorly represented in the England squads this time, only the two Ramseys, Iroegbunam, and Feeney in the announced squads so far (under 18s and higher). 

Truth is, If you don't play for Arsenal, Man City, Man United or Chelsea you get overlooked. 
Just look at all those Manchester City Players in the U21 squad who haven't played a game.... compare to Archer. 

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Truth is, If you don't play for Arsenal, Man City, Man United or Chelsea you get overlooked. 
Just look at all those Manchester City Players in the U21 squad who haven't played a game.... compare to Archer. 

People like to throw this out a lot, but that U21 squad has players from Villa, West Brom, Stoke, Everton, Norwich, Leeds, Leicester, Brentford, Forest, Lille and Sheffield United.  Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have 1 player each - Man Utd have 0.

• Like 2

It's a new season so everyone is moving up an age group, last season he was with the U20s, this season he will be expected to get into the U21s if he's going to get in at all, and at the moment the U21 right-backs are Spence and Aarons, so obviously tough to get in with those two as options, but once he can get a run of games with Huddersfield I'm sure he will put himself back into contention, he initially didn't make the U20 squad last season after moving up from the U19s, but he got in eventually.

Max Aarons is actually 22, not sure what the rules are but presumably he can't play for the U21s for much longer, so a space will become available soon.

Â