Sheffield United

maqroll

57 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The whole situation is a bit bizarre.  They're definitely nowhere near the levels they hit last season, but the games I've seen them in this season, they've actually looked alright - just massively lacking firepower up top.  They aren't really getting hammered in games.  Should've beaten West Brom about 5-1, but ended up losing 1-0.  Were unlucky against West Ham.  Just all very odd.

As above, I like Wilder and the way that Sheffield United have taken to life in the Premier League.  I hope they manage to sort it out and stay up, somehow.

I agree, they don’t look like the worst PL side of all time, but they just can’t score. However, the 20 million pound man who they brought in to score is a 20 year old with 10 senior goals, and none at top level. They deserve what they’ve gotten. 

Anyone remember reading their pre-match thread about our game beginning of the season?

Most had us as an easy win and also very bitter about Villa. As a result it's funny to see them where they are, **** them and good riddance if they go down!

19 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

We both needed a keeper. They signed Ramsdale and we got Emi. Shows how important a good GK is to your overall performances. 

Last year XG had them at 54 goals conceded but they only let in 39. Whole lot of that is down to Henderson. 

This year XG has them at 26 conceded and they have actually allowed 26 goals.  Ramsdale is the one transfer they had to get right and they royally cocked it up. Down they go. 

XG has him letting in 26 goals and that's how many he's let in, are those numbers correct? They could have done better but sounds like he's performing as expected, bit harsh saying his transfer wad a royal cockup. There must be keepers with worse records in the league. I feel it's more that they're not scoring at all that is killing them. 

9 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Anyone remember reading their pre-match thread about our game beginning of the season?

Most had us as an easy win and also very bitter about Villa. As a result it's funny to see them where they are, **** them and good riddance if they go down!

They seem weirdly bitter about the ghost goal incident, despite the fact that if you were to add the points to their final tally they wouldn't have moved position in the league. It means pretty much nothing to them, yet they're so mad about it.

37 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

They seem weirdly bitter about the ghost goal incident, despite the fact that if you were to add the points to their final tally they wouldn't have moved position in the league. It means pretty much nothing to them, yet they're so mad about it.

They deserved nothing from that game anyway. Would have been a travesty if they'd scored from the only attempt on goal they had, which wasn't even an actual attempt but was just our defender and goalie bumping into each other accidentally.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

From what I saw on social media when the whole restart was being discussed they were adament that the season had to resume because they were going to get europe, they were full of beans, it's a huge crash, I'm sure they probably think that if that goal was given they'd be beating real Madrid on their way to winning the CL by now 

Have made the worst start of any team in England after sixteen games in the history of league football now, and have also gone nineteen games without a win, which is the worst run in their history.

If they're not careful 'doing a Derby' will become 'doing a Sheffield United', if nothing else they should be aiming to prevent that from happening, having your club's name used as a byword for the worst kind of failure can't be a nice thing.

On 28/12/2020 at 08:46, villalad21 said:

Still not a win.

Pretty damn unbelievable

I don't think it is

They over performed last season with a team built in league 1, running you balls off every game was never going to last, and signing ramsdale and Brewster have been a disaster

But hey, let's all listen to chris wilder, a manager who tells it like it is, and wank him off like the media did last year.

9 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I dunno, I think you'd love him if he was one of your own.

Oh, most likely.

But as a non-Blade, I think he's bitter, a sore loser and disrespectful to other teams/managers. Id be quite happy if they lost all of their remaining games from here. Nothing against the club at all, just Wilder.

He's started on his own players now, so it won't be long til they get rid.

Edit: I should point out that he's obviously done an incredible job with them to have a bunch of League One standard players finish mid-table Premier League 

Edited by StewieGriffin

On 29/12/2020 at 21:25, Jimzk5 said:

But hey, let's all listen to chris wilder, a manager who tells it like it is, and wank him off like the media did last year.

They got Bielsa now for that now.

Â