Sheffield United

maqroll

On 10/07/2020 at 07:05, villalad21 said:

I think we need a manager like that to make us a mid table team in the PL.

We then can attract bigger names. Look at how Everton got Ancelotti.

Hmmmmm, think we should keep the one we have.

3 hours ago, penguin said:

I thought when they came up last year they could be challenging for Derby’s low point total, atrocious squad on paper. I am still flabbergasted that they managed to finish top half.

The regression to the mean has hit them like a truck this season though. Once the confidence dropped they don’t have any individual quality to bail them out when they aren’t performing as a unit.

Their recruitment has largely been awful also. Over £40m on Brewster and Ramsdale is an absolute shocker.

Sander Berge could still be a useful lump to have here next season if they are relegated.

• Like 1

Their is still time for Brewster to come good but I don't feel it will be this season. Suspect he's more of a long term buy. He's not yet turned 21, he's younger then Tammy was when he played for us and has a better record at Swansea then did. He won't keep them up but he might get them back up. 

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Their is still time for Brewster to come good but I don't feel it will be this season. Suspect he's more of a long term buy. He's not yet turned 21, he's younger then Tammy was when he played for us and has a better record at Swansea then did. He won't keep them up but he might get them back up. 

Tammy was at Swansea in the top flight and not Championship

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tammy was at Swansea in the top flight and not Championship

It's an easier league but he scored 10 in 20 compared to 5 in 31. If you want to compare it to Tammy at Bristol then which was 23 in 41. Either way there is potential there which might come good. 

Spent a fortune (for them) on Brewster and he's 4th choice striker, and looks absolutely shit.

Another example of big clubs demanding top dollar for their players despite nothing to back it up

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Spent a fortune (for them) on Brewster and he's 4th choice striker, and looks absolutely shit.

Another example of big clubs demanding top dollar for their players despite nothing to back it up

More fool the  Bournemouth's and Blades that pay for totally unproven players. Get them on loan for one year with an option to buy, they cant afford to make expensive mistakes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Greenfly said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/36328-11-points/page/6/#comments

Derby fans are watching this situation unfold with bated breath, hoping, praying that this is finally the year where it happens.

I think it's very possible. They are dreadful and 1 point at this stage is absolutely shocking

Â