Sheffield United

maqroll

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Their is still time for Brewster to come good but I don't feel it will be this season. Suspect he's more of a long term buy. He's not yet turned 21, he's younger then Tammy was when he played for us and has a better record at Swansea then did. He won't keep them up but he might get them back up. 

They didn’t pay what they paid for him to get them back up. Terrible signing, that’s not writing him off as a player but it’s been a terrible signing.

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/36328-11-points/page/6/#comments

Derby fans are watching this situation unfold with bated breath, hoping, praying that this is finally the year where it happens.

Some clubs hold it as a pride thing, Tasmania Berlin are worried there record for longest Bundesliga run without a win is nearly over

• 2 weeks later...

Wilder probably needs to go. Comments after the game were not good. 'Team has a lack of quality' 'playing the same we have in most of our games this season' 'its not my job to motivate the players'. Not what you want to hear your manager saying

• Like 1

They've now had the joint worst start of any team ever in the four professional leagues of English football, lose to Burnley and they will set a new record for the worst start.

Even we had six points after fifteen games the season we were most recently relegated, same for Derby when they finished the season with eleven points.

Edited by useless

If they was a race horse they'd have been taken round the back for s bullet by now. 

I think Wilder is the problem. There have been countless examples of managers getting promoted and giving it Billy big bollocks (Holloway, Phil Brown, Pearson) thinking they have some how made it, digging out players and then disappearing back to the lower leagues. 

Though the quality has never really been there, last season showed that heart and desire can take you so far (god I sound like Steve Bruce), but Wilders attitude seems to have destroyed the very thing he created, and the thing that made them competitive. 

It looks like they've simply stopped playing for him. That alongside a lack of quality means they have nothing. 

We both needed a keeper. They signed Ramsdale and we got Emi. Shows how important a good GK is to your overall performances. 

Last year XG had them at 54 goals conceded but they only let in 39. Whole lot of that is down to Henderson. 

This year XG has them at 26 conceded and they have actually allowed 26 goals.  Ramsdale is the one transfer they had to get right and they royally cocked it up. Down they go. 

• Like 2

The whole situation is a bit bizarre.  They're definitely nowhere near the levels they hit last season, but the games I've seen them in this season, they've actually looked alright - just massively lacking firepower up top.  They aren't really getting hammered in games.  Should've beaten West Brom about 5-1, but ended up losing 1-0.  Were unlucky against West Ham.  Just all very odd.

As above, I like Wilder and the way that Sheffield United have taken to life in the Premier League.  I hope they manage to sort it out and stay up, somehow.

Â