Sheffield United

maqroll

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jack Rodwell is still a Sheffield United player, we get more value for money from Lansbury than that guy

The brass neck from Wilder to say other teams copied their recruitment. 

Ramsdale, Brewster, Rodwell, Ravel Morrison.

Please mr Wilder can we see the rest pf your magic shortlist?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I love this line, like they were the only people to spot Cash and Watkins...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I love this line, like they were the only people to spot Cash and Watkins...

I looked up the article in question and it mentions Antonee Robinson, Cash, John Swift (?!) in particular. 

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/wilder-appears-to-criticise-other-clubs-hijacking-sheffield-united-transfers-after-triple-deal/

4 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I looked up the article in question and it mentions Antonee Robinson, Cash, John Swift (?!) in particular. 

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/wilder-appears-to-criticise-other-clubs-hijacking-sheffield-united-transfers-after-triple-deal/

Robinson who we didn’t go in for (I was hoping we would and we should have) he went to Fulham so perhaps that’s what they mean I’ve not read the article. 

As for Cash, three or four clubs wanted him and Swift is still at Reading. It’s all a bit silly really.

Just read it, we were never in for Ramsdale.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

17 games, 2 points.

I honestly thought they could get out of it, but its looking more and more unlikely as the games pass.

They had no chance about 7 games ago to be honest. To get to 40 points from here they would have to maintain a rate of 2 points per game for the rest of the season.

Their real target is 12 points.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They had no chance about 7 games ago to be honest. To get to 40 points from here they would have to maintain a rate of 2 points per game for the rest of the season.

yeah, 1.8 ppg to be exact (which is effectively top 4 form), even for them to get to 35 points is 1.6 ppg (which is nearly top 6 form - defo top 8 form).

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They’ve been down weeks now.

Feel for their fans, football is one of the few ways to escape lockdown so must be horrible for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

I forgot about this. Such a tinpot club. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Feel for their fans, football is one of the few ways to escape lockdown so must be horrible for them.

Yeah, that's fair. It was shit enough when we went through it, I can't imagine how miserable it must be to be going through it on top of all the rest of the crap this year.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I was thinking this earlier. The whole world is so depressing right now.  I don't think it's an exaggeration to say your football team performing like that could push some over the edge. 

F me it was depressing enough when Villa were relegated in normal times, and we were better than them.

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, that's fair. It was shit enough when we went through it, I can't imagine how miserable it must be to be going through it on top of all the rest of the crap this year.

I’ve had a horrific year, COVID situation only being part of it so it’s something I’ve thought about a fair bit. Football and Villa in particular have been really important as an escape for me, it’s been an important release and something to actually be able to enjoy. It’s not become more important but being able to watch it certainly has.

Its also been important for giving me something I can do with my boys.

I hate to think how I’d feel if Villa were doing how they are or we had our relegation season now. Must be really tough going for some.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve had a horrific year, COVID situation only being part of it so it’s something I’ve thought about a fair bit. Football and Villa in particular have been really important as an escape for me, it’s been an important release and something to actually be able to enjoy. It’s not become more important but being able to watch it certainly has.

Its also been important for giving me something I can do with my boys.

I hate to think how I’d feel if Villa were doing how they are or we had our relegation season now. Must be really tough going for some.

I'm sorry to hear that; hope 2021 brings better things for you and yours.

• Like 1

Can see them being really random and having a decent FA cup run, Bristol Rovers away so banana skin but their most winnable game of the season so far. They got to the quarters last season and Arsenal only edged them out last minute.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, 1.8 ppg to be exact (which is effectively top 4 form), even for them to get to 35 points is 1.6 ppg (which is nearly top 6 form - defo top 8 form).

I remember a few yrs ago though Palace lost like their first 8 games and needed europa league form to stay up, they did it as well and got about 50 points. 

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I remember a few yrs ago though Palace lost like their first 8 games and needed europa league form to stay up, they did it as well and got about 50 points. 

True but Sheffield utd have lost 15 of their first 17 games and haven't won a single game yet :)

Just looked at their next 4 league games. 

Newcastle

Tottenham

UTD

City. 

Poor sods. Not beyond the realms that they are still on 2 points going in to February, 21 games in. 

Â