Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t like being smug because he’s young and ill advised by those around him but I can’t shake that feeling of “told you so”

He was starting before he got injured this season and was one of Chelsea better players

Just now, Zatman said:

He was starting before he got injured this season and was one of Chelsea better players

Before they signed Caiceido , Lavia and Palmer sure one of the above is injured but Carney won’t get a sniff when he’s back now. 

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Before they signed Caiceido , Lavia and Palmer sure one of the above is injured but Carney won’t get a sniff when he’s back now. 

He was playing further forward in attacking midfield and from what I have seen Chuk is better than Palmer in that role

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was playing further forward in attacking midfield and from what I have seen Chuk is better than Palmer in that role

I’m not doubting his talent but getting minutes will be tough, Nkunku is getting back to fitness also and then I’m sure there will be reinforcements in January 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Palmer is a far better player in that attacking mid role from what I have seen, Palmer is going to be a great player. He reminds me of a more mobile Maddison. Chucks has plenty of talent but his never going to be as good as Palmer.

He would be playing the Zaniolo role if he’d stayed with us and we wouldn’t have bothered loaning Zaniolo.

I would have fancied him to have scored for us this season in that role but it’s pointless wondering, both sides have moved on. 

• Like 1

Jacob Ramsey 

Thread created in January 2019. 

104 appearances for Aston Villa.

269 pages.

Carney Chukwuemeka

Thread created in February 2020. 

16 appearances for Aston Villa.

379 pages.

Not that it matters, people talk about who they want to talk about. And I’m aware this post of mine has contributed further to the discussion of all things Chuk.

Just seems kinda odd.

• Like 2

On 29/10/2023 at 10:31, Zatman said:

Carlton Palmer maybe 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Jacob Ramsey 

Thread created in January 2019. 

104 appearances for Aston Villa.

269 pages.

Carney Chukwuemeka

Thread created in February 2020. 

16 appearances for Aston Villa.

379 pages.

Not that it matters, people talk about who they want to talk about. And I’m aware this post of mine has contributed further to the discussion of all things Chuk.

Just seems kinda odd.

A transfer and lots of controversy always rapidly add to a page count.

Carney courted plenty of that, and has the added bonus of leaving for bigger things and ending up getting less than if he'd stayed.

I'm sure Ramsey will end up with many more. Especially when he gets back from injury and helps us lift the Conference League trophy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He would be playing the Zaniolo role if he’d stayed with us and we wouldn’t have bothered loaning Zaniolo.

I would have fancied him to have scored for us this season in that role but it’s pointless wondering, both sides have moved on. 

So many on here just dwell on shit he is gone let go! 

To be fair to Chukwuemeka, he has played more than I thought he would for Chelsea. I expected him to be loaned out forever. Injuries and signing more players might mean he never gets to establish himself, time will tell. I don’t think he be starting for Villa now so good that we moved him on for a tidy fee.  

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Got injured at the wrong time at Chelsea but it would have been interesting to see how he would have developed under Emery. 

Never struck me as a mentality monster but definitely got abiity. When he was with us I always struggled to see what his best position was but actually he'd fit into the McGinn/Tielemans role pretty much perfectly. I hope he gets a move or things improve for him. Will be a lot of promising young players ruined by Chelsea hope he isnt one of them. 

Â