Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Even though Southgate is a clown, he looked a bit out of his depth at international level

He's 21 and played a handful of senior games.

The expectations on young players is utterly insane.

• Like 1

I occasionally dabble in the bitterness around Carney but then return to a huge dollop of sadness. Knowing how our club has developed and knowing the potential he had (still has?), he would have developed and kicked on with us. He could have been an icon of this new Villa. 

All hindsight of course and maybe his attitude just stank so we are better off without him. Nevertheless, he was one of the jewels of the academy and it would’ve been nice to see how he developed given more time with us. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

To be honest,  I have no regrets. Our starting eleven, there is nobody I would sacrifice for him. Never saw the fuss and we got money in the bank.

Don't even think it's about regret. You know when you're heading out somewhere and witness a group of barely dressed young girls in heavy makeup meeting up with a group of mouthy lads in sportswear and baseball caps, and you paternally think, PLEASE don't go off anywhere with them, for your own sake, please don't think that's a good idea. It's sort of like that, only with insulting amounts of money and people in suits involved.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Just come on for Chelsea. Would really love a journalist to ask what he thinks of his career arc and the advice received so far.

Why would you love that?

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

He's not missed, he'll grow up with a bigger ego than Rashford, we can do without players like that.

What's that based on? 

Him thinking Chelsea are a bigger team than villa? 

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't blame Chuk for not taking a lower wage to stay with us. He's not a Villa fan, he owes us no loyalty when the fans show players no loyalty, and neither will the club. We will be absolutely ruthless when it suits us, but slag off players for putting their own interests first.

This is the crux of the interest for me. Take the polar opposite, admirable example of Philogene going to Hull for the sake of his long-term career trajectory and nothing else. Props to the kid and his advisors.

19 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

This is the crux of the interest for me. Take the polar opposite, admirable example of Philogene going to Hull for the sake of his long-term career trajectory and nothing else. Props to the kid and his advisors.

If you were the player, with the choice of Hull or Chelsea, taking in wages, geographic location, etc into consideration, who would you choose?

Just now, Don_Simon said:

If you were the player, with the choice of Hull or Chelsea, taking in wages, geographic location, etc into consideration, who would you choose?

Philogene made a huge brave decision. Leave the Prem and go to a club where he knew he would play . Which is what he needed for him to push on. The kid has a load of character.  Then compare that with Morgan Rogers who after 6 months at Boro has come back to the Prem to be what will be a bench option. Not knocking Morgan at all,but when you are 21 you have plenty of time to learn your trade away from the spotlight and still make a splash when you level up. 

Â