Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is definitely one. Gerrard had no faith in him and just like Targett went to the press to talk them down

He was getting minutes but wanted a bumper contract and a bigger club. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think so, I think its as simple as he wanted to join a bigger club, nothing we could do about it

I Think he wanted to play football and thats why he didnt sign the contract. Then the clearing in the woods started talking him down in the media because he knows what midfielders should do like cover the full backs

Didnt help his idiot mate Purslow was building Chuk up as the best player of his generation. Was like a clown college

Hmmm I don’t think I quite agree. He wanted more minutes and by all accounts, with where we were at and how we were performing, he deserved them.

Either way he has moved on and it is working for him so fair play. It hurts because we are clearly the ones that lose out here, even if we like to pretend we got a good deal. £20m fine, but he will be worth £50m+. Hope we’ve got a good sell-on clause in there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

He was getting minutes but wanted a bumper contract and a bigger club. 

He made 1 start under the clearing in the woods

He played more Premier League minutes as a Chelsea back up last season

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Hmmm I don’t think I quite agree. He wanted more minutes and by all accounts, with where we were at and how we were performing, he deserved them.

Either way he has moved on and it is working for him so fair play. It hurts because we are clearly the ones that lose out here, even if we like to pretend we got a good deal. £20m fine, but he will be worth £50m+. Hope we’ve got a good sell-on clause in there. 

£50M! Absolutely no chance, he wouldn't get in our team now it's that simple , he's scored one goal and missed a header for West hams goal. He's out of his depth.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He made 1 start under the clearing in the woods

He played more Premier League minutes as a Chelsea back up last season

He had a full season near enough. I don’t recall the hundreds of calls for him to start for us.

He got the minutes you’d expect for a prospect. I don’t recall St. Dean putting in him a lot either.

1 minute ago, jim said:

He had a full season near enough. I don’t recall the hundreds of calls for him to start for us.

He got the minutes you’d expect for a prospect. I don’t recall St. Dean putting in him a lot either.

Jim. You don't need to defend Stevie anymore. He's gone. 

Chuk got minutes under both. He clearly wasn't ready. Whether our coaches made any difference to his decision to sod off we can only speculate. On one hand Dean had introduced Ramsey into the team and had experience in youth football, as did Gerrard. In reality coach probs made no difference. I had no faith in Gerrard and he certainly rubbed a lot of folk the wrong way, and judging by his tenure, you'd have wanted out for good of your career. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jim said:

The guy who gave him his debut and his first start?

Was many calls to start him when Gerrard couldnt pick his nose never mind a midfield. Same clown was happy to sell Luiz

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I Think he wanted to play football and thats why he didnt sign the contract. Then the clearing in the woods started talking him down in the media because he knows what midfielders should do like cover the full backs

Didnt help his idiot mate Purslow was building Chuk up as the best player of his generation. Was like a clown college

Honest I don't think it's about playing or about money

Its purely about putting a Chelsea tracksuit on each morning because he thinks it's better than a Villa one

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tinker said:

£50M! Absolutely no chance, he wouldn't get in our team now it's that simple , he's scored one goal and missed a header for West hams goal. He's out of his depth.

Right now he isn’t but he certainly has the capacity to get there. He’s probably worth £20m to get him off of Chelsea’s hands now (although even then that’s probably not enough) so he doesn’t really have far to go in todays market 

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Honest I don't think it's about playing or about money

Its purely about putting a Chelsea tracksuit on each morning because he thinks it's better than a Villa one

Which is probably fair enough to any non-Villa fan

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Right now he isn’t but he certainly has the capacity to get there. He’s probably worth £20m to get him off of Chelsea’s hands now (although even then that’s probably not enough) so he doesn’t really have far to go in todays market 

Do you think he has? I don't, he's scores one goal, which was the result of some horrendous defending, he lost his player for their goal,  two footed a wet spam player and got a yellow card and then went off injured. 

Ramsey is a far better player, fact is Chelsea aren't that good watching them today, if they want to improve then he can't be starting, he's not ready and imo probably never will be, at least not for them. 

13 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I do think he has. What we can agree on though is that based on this Ramsey walks into this team…

Chelsea are a middle table team, they are not getting top 4 and will struggle to get top 6, dreadful today. Wonder how long Poch has got before he's sacked. 

1 hour ago, jim said:

Player wanted to leave = Gerrard’s fault 🙄

There are lots of sticks to beat Gerrard with but this isn’t one.

Do you think he’d have wanted to leave under Unai or a manager of similar quality who didn’t have a style of management which was so abrasive that he alienated a senior player and much respected club captain. If that’s how he treats the captain how comfortable would the younger players have felt about themselves and their chances of advancement of their career?

• Like 3

Â