Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

As it stands he's starting premier league games for Chelsea next season.

I know they're bidding for Caciedo but that could drag on for a few more weeks. Beyond that it's just Enzo Fernandez, Gallagher, him and a young Brazil CM they signed so I certainly wouldn't be going anywhere until August 31st.

• Like 2

That is a shocking midfield, chelsea fans must be so appalled at what has transpired under the new ownership thus far! Pochetino needs to shape up the squad and will do so, but they need a proper box to box capable of scoring goals in the Lampard mould as they never seem to give gallagher an extended run

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I know they're bidding for Caciedo but that could drag on for a few more weeks. Beyond that it's just Enzo Fernandez, Gallagher, him and a young Brazil CM they signed so I certainly wouldn't be going anywhere until August 31st.

This is anothed reason i think chelsea wont do as well as alot of people think unless they invest heavily here and they still ahort of  atop striker

Midfield is such a vital area and all they are is one big injury to enzo away and they are ****

56 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Nobody predicted this 

I can already see the discussion.

'What's best for me boss?'

'A loan to the Belgian league'. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

As it stands?

Keep hearing people say that on various threads. The transfer window hasn't even got going yet. There's not a chance he will ever be a regular starter for any PL team, and definitely not Chelsea.

10 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

That is a shocking midfield, chelsea fans must be so appalled at what has transpired under the new ownership thus far! Pochetino needs to shape up the squad and will do so, but they need a proper box to box capable of scoring goals in the Lampard mould as they never seem to give gallagher an extended run

Gallagher showed last year he isn't good enough technically to play for a CL club as Chelsea were then. He'd do fine for someone like West Ham or even perhaps Newcastle but would be in no rush to move with how few proven CMs Chelsea have now.

Of course they'll sign 2-3 by August 31st but if I was Carney I wouldn't be in a rush given his new manager was starting Harry Wink in a CL final so I actually think he might get a decent run of games at some stage before January.

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

As it stands?

Keep hearing people say that on various threads. The transfer window hasn't even got going yet. There's not a chance he will ever be a regular starter for any PL team, and definitely not Chelsea.

We are only three and a bit weeks away from kick off and we've seen loads of clubs undercooked in terms of starting line up when first game comes around.

Start of last season Man. United hadn't signed Casemiro or Lisandro Martinez so that gave chances to some of their fringe players.

Caciedo is clearly their number one target but Brighton can drag it out for a few more weeks as he signed a new deal in January so they're under no obligation to sell him on the cheap, probably be similar timeframe as Fofana last year who joined late from Leicester.

I think Carney will look at regular 30 minute cameos as a decent season so think that and the odd start is possible, he was getting that under Potter last Jan/Feb.

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Poch has to trim the size of the squad right down, I’d be gobsmacked if Carney was kept around. 

Chelsea have already let go of all of Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Mount and Havertz in last six months. If you run a line through the central spine of their CL winning team in 2021 that's basically it (and Thiago Silva probably in his final european season at 39).

They're going to be a work in progress so clearly the plan is to give chances to young players and hope it clicks in final third.

Can't see them finishing top 4 but they'll be back in the mix for europa places.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We are only three and a bit weeks away from kick off and we've seen loads of clubs undercooked in terms of starting line up when first game comes around.

Start of last season Man. United hadn't signed Casemiro or Lisandro Martinez so that gave chances to some of their fringe players.

Caciedo is clearly their number one target but Brighton can drag it out for a few more weeks as he signed a new deal in January so they're under no obligation to sell him on the cheap, probably be similar timeframe as Fofana last year who joined late from Leicester.

I think Carney will look at regular 30 minute cameos as a decent season so think that and the odd start is possible, he was getting that under Potter last Jan/Feb.

I hope he does get game time there as it massively improve our chances of finishing above them if they have to play the likes of him.

Sadly I think they will spend over the next month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s looking ripped on Insta, his arms are huge now…. Chelsea with the old Munich physique upping? 

Plenty time on his hands 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/07/2023 at 09:14, VillaChris said:

One month on....

Â