Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Starting for a Chelsea team that has spent close to a billion pounds in the last 8 months at 19 is wonderkid territory imo, even if he didn't pull up any trees. You're looking at a select few throughout history that could do that, Rooney, Owen, Fabregas, Pedri etc.

Agree, think there's a huge misconception as to how many teenagers play PL football, they dont

I'm too lazy to check but I'll guess chuk and Rico Lewis* were the only teenage starters this weekend, 2 out of 220 so they're in >1% territory but don't look anything special... Just being there is special

* he looked out of place but I've got a degree of sympathy for him as a left back in peps system where he took a lot of touches and did the Zinchenko thing of tucking in almost in to midfield when they had possession, weird role

• Like 1

Well he started and he’s scored. He looks well up for it. 

I’ve forgive him tbh. He wasn’t starting under a shite manager at a (then) shite club. He’s now starting for Chelsea. I’m totally **** gutted our shit show at the time somewhat caused this to happen.

Edited by Spoony

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I’ve forgive him tbh. He wasn’t starting under a shite manager at a (then) shite club. He’s now starting for Chelsea. I’m totally **** gutted our shit show at the time somewhat caused this to happen.

Tbf he wouldnt get into our currwnt midfield

Just now, Zatman said:

So he isnt this useless shit player people said he was because he didnt want to play for a clearing in the woods

Well done Carney

This is basically what I mean but in fewer words lol

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes a great goal and another example of the damage done under the Steven Gerrard disastrous project. We’ll be paying for that for years. 

Player wanted to leave = Gerrard’s fault 🙄

There are lots of sticks to beat Gerrard with but this isn’t one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Agree

But don't think it was our shit show or anything our fault

Young lad wanted to run before he could walk and Chelsea are a bigger club than us, sure someone in the week provided some sort of stat that for a certain age group Chelsea are actually the biggest club in the country, bigger than the traditional utd and Liverpool, chuk is one of them unfortunately

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Player wanted to leave = Gerrard’s fault 🙄

There are lots of sticks to beat Gerrard with but this isn’t one.

This is definitely one. Gerrard had no faith in him and just like Targett went to the press to talk them down

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

This is definitely one. Gerrard had no faith in him and just like Targett went to the press to talk them down

I don't think so, I think its as simple as he wanted to join a bigger club, nothing we could do about it

• Like 2

Â