Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

£20m is decent but in 2022 when Jude Bellingham who never played in the flight went for more to me says we should have held out for more 

Jude Bellingham was also a first team player and streets ahead of Chukwuemeka..... What exactly " more " were we holding out for?

The Championship is a higher level than under 19s Football.

Mustafa Salifou and Samatta technically " played " in the top flight as well, both probably did more than Chuk in it. Lol ( Ok maybe not Salifou but the point remains )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Meh.... Alot of nice words and we'll wishes from our players to him on his move post.

So fair play to him I guess. If he really is a Chelsea " fan " it appears his mind was made up once there was interest.

The things annoying me on the Instagram post are people responding to the likes of Baileys comment with " You next " as well as saying the same to some of the other young players who commented.

It probably shouldn't wind me up as much as it does, but the notion that we are simply a stepping stone is really pussing me off.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Why do you care what an 18 year old says about Villa? 

I wouldn’t normally care about any disrespectful comment about Villa from an18 year old but when it is a guy who we helped to develop to the heights he has over several years and when said guy has taken a chunk of the clubs money in the process, then Yes it annoys me! 

• Like 1

When you think about bellingham did go for w5m with add ons to make 30m. He did alot more than chuck has so i think 20m is a great deal for us.

Just glad its over with. We move on, and i dont actually care. As ive said before JJs a much better player and we have tied him up.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

We don’t get the full £20m unless he becomes a Chelsea first team player, and if he does he’ll be worth a lot more than £20m. 

Still better than losing him for £300k 

• Like 1

Good business I think. ~£20m for a player who might not even cut it in the PL. 
Paying him what he wanted would have caused issues, and losing him next season for a few hundred grand also avoided.

Well done Aston Villa.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Looks like Carney is the new Grealish. 

Na mate grealish actually contributed alot here. Scored goals, created goals helped us to cup finals and got us promoted

Schmuck contributed virtually nothing. 

Now he’s gone for £20m I couldn’t care less.

Sure, I would’ve loved for him to sign a new deal and progress through the ranks with the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Feeney, Barry and Iroegbunam et al but his heart wasn’t in it. 

Not sure he’ll get the game time he craves at Chelsea and fear he’ll be another talented youngster that never gets to hit their potential due to being in youth set up that is overloaded with players and a first team chock full of internationals. 

Im sure he’ll enjoy the pay on offer and the chance to live in Holland when the inevitable loan to Vitesse Arnham happens! 

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Na mate grealish actually contributed alot here. Scored goals, created goals helped us to cup finals and got us promoted

Schmuck contributed virtually nothing. 

I meant in terms of having left the club and now being the top of the other football thread list.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I meant in terms of having left the club and now being the top of the other football thread list.

We will spark this thread up every time he kicks a ball

At least we won't be talking about him falling out of nightclubs

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

like the first minute of his debut when he hit the post at Spurs from a ridiculous shot, or when he made a great assist from Ollie at Norwich or when he helped change the game vs United and nearly equalised vs City

Thanks for listing Carneys highlights.These have come during approx 20 first team appearances btw.

I can’t be sure but I think Gareth Barry was in the frame for England by then.

But Carney has hit the post I guess 😉

• Haha 1

Â