Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i think your right in your last paragraph. I just think maybe a couple years here then maybe he could think about it. Chelsea expectations are a lot higher than ours. He wont get away with some of the performances he has with us there. The fans will be on his back bad.

One of my best mates and his old man are chelsea ST holders and ive been to a lot of games with with mate when his dad dont go. Their fans are brutal

After the last few weeks on Twitter and social media from Villa fans he will be used to it

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well even if that happens, which seems unlikely, I’m confident he was part of our first team squad plans this season and would have played more than he did last season.

He wasn’t ready for more minutes last season than he got, doesn’t mean he isn’t ready this season and wouldn’t have played as much for us as he may do for Chelsea.

So hardly a stick to beat the club with is it?

That’s why it will be interesting, as I’m sure there will be some that will use it as a stick to beat the club with.

Just seen his Chelsea video, apparently he's been a Chelsea fan his whole.life, and it's an honour to play for a big club etc 

Also, he likes to be called " Carns " if anyone was wondering.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

54 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Will be interesting to see the reaction if he starts for Chelsea soon and is excellent.

Especially as both Smith and Gerrard have deemed him not ready for the PL.

Can’t see it happening, but it would certainly generate a lot of discussion.

Did he look ready for the PL when you saw him play in the PL?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen his Chelsea video, apparently he's been a Chelsea fan his whole.life, and it's an honour to play for a big club etc 

Chukwu Carns. Chukwu Carns...

Chukwu Carns, let me rock you. Let me rock you Chukwu Carns...

Actually, nah, get ****, mushroom head.
I don't feel for you.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did he look ready for the PL when you say him play in the PL?

He looked perfectly fine to me, not a star player or ready to start having a major influence on games but at the same time not having a mare, he was a 6/10 player

Then put that in to the context of his age and again that is perfectly fine good enough, there are not many 18 year olds kicking a PL football and there's a reason for that, seemingly that's lost on a lot of fans

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He looked perfectly fine to me, not a star player or ready to start having a major influence on games 

So he wasnt ready to have an influence on games, but he was ready to start for us, and will be ready to start for Chelsea?

Doesn't matter what his age is, if he isn't ready, he isn't ready.

People keep saying " for his age " , yes, and that's why his best performances have come in HIS age range.

None of these answers equate to him being ready to start in the PL for anyone.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So he wasnt ready to have an influence on games, but he was ready to start for us, and will be ready to start for Chelsea?

People keep saying " for his age " , yes, and that's why his best performances have come in HIS age range.

Yes

Because Chelsea have the luxury of sticking him in a midfield 3 of Kante and Jorginho with then mount ahead of him or several other options containing very good players - we started him in a central midfield alongside Ashley Young 

How much of an influence does he need to have? He can carry on being a 6/10 player and having very little impact on the result in a game the difference being Chelsea win and we don't 

And 6/10 is not bad, I didn't ever see chuk play for us and thought he stunk the place out, he didn't 

Interesting, subtle take by John Percy in today's Telegraph which puts context around this situation:

Carney Chukwuemeka, the England under-19 international, also departed this week in a £20m deal to Chelsea. Villa offered to make him the best paid teenager in England and dangled a regular starting place during a frustrating contract stand-off which was unresolved for nearly a year. 

But Chelsea’s offer was regarded as too good to turn down for a player who, despite his undoubted ability, made just two league starts - with one of them a disappointing 57-minute appearance in that Burnley match.

He will likely have a very good career, and a stinging loss in terms of the talent pool we are building and what the Academy is trying to put in place, but on the other hand it shows what a success the academy now is. It's working.

Very happy with the way the club have handled this and I think huge credit to Purslow - when he suggested they were looking for £20m I nearly choked! Kudos - being run by grown up nowadays. The next big test is Luiz's contract situation.....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yes

Because Chelsea have the luxury of sticking him in a midfield 3 of Kante and Jorginho with then mount ahead of him or several other options containing very good players - we started him in a central midfield alongside Ashley Young 

How much of an influence does he need to have? He can carry on being a 6/10 player and having very little impact on the result in a game the difference being Chelsea win and we don't 

And 6/10 is not bad, I didn't ever see chuk play for us and thought he stunk the place out, he didn't 

You're having a laugh if you think a club with the spirations of Chelsea are going to be sticking him in the starting lineup because they have the likes of Kante and Jorginho around him. I understand that point but it doesn't equate in this scenario 

Better players than Carney ( at the time ) have been sent out on loan by them to the Championship and elsewhere.

He'd have had a better chance of a start at a newly promoted or bottom 8 club.

At best he will get a few cup games if he isn't sent out. IMO

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

You saying that there's no way he can come on as a sub at home vs Spartak Moscow in the CL and look decent? 

He'll get a free hit this season and Chelsea can accommodate him better than what we can 

Yep, he's not good enough.

Edit: and besides, it was "starts for Chelsea and is excellent", not subbed on and decent. But I'll say he won't be decent either. He's overrated and not least by himself.

Edited by AVTuco

What I have to say is that if a player has something special you see it.

You see in the first few touches of the ball no matter how young they are (in fact the younger the player the more fearless they are).Gareth Barry or Jack are good examples and you could tell very early on that Lee Hendrie would have a good career.

I have yet to see it with this boy.

Good career maybe….great one  highly unlikely.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He clearly didn't want to be at Villa.....so the other excuses are what they are.

I am staggered, that a manager of Tuchels standing can guarantee him first team football....so soon.

I think its worked out well for both parties.

He wasn't the first, and won't be the last, not to want to be here....its football.

When you get a situation like Jack's, is anything a surprise anymore.

Sure, but I still despise all of them, especially a nobody like him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, I'm sure I'll start calling him that.

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

people said the same about Ramsey in his first 20 games or so, young players need time to develop from starts. We werent willing to give him that time which is fair enough and we made our choice

18 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

What I have to say is that if a player has something special you see it.

You see in the first few touches of the ball no matter how young they are (in fact the younger the player the more fearless they are).Gareth Barry or Jack are good examples and you could tell very early on that Lee Hendrie would have a good career.

I have yet to see it with this boy.

Good career maybe….great one  highly unlikely.

like the first minute of his debut when he hit the post at Spurs from a ridiculous shot, or when he made a great assist from Ollie at Norwich or when he helped change the game vs United and nearly equalised vs City

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

people said the same about Ramsey 

I was never one of those people, I've been consistent if I pat myself of the back here.

Always saw something in Ramsey and Tim.

Before this situation re contract ever arose as well, so without bias.

Still yet to see it in Chuk, I do premise it by saying I haven't seen much of our reserve football if anything.

I do always counter this too by saying I never really saw it In Jack when he first came through either so I could be totally off 

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I think he'll have a decent career, but nothing near the hype I've seen. Just my opinion OBS.

Â