Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Yep, turned down the chance to play regularly for a BIG Premier League club and learn from one of the best midfielders he could have learned from, to go to another big (£££££££'s) premier league club who he may have far less game time with and all because he liked them as a glory Hunting fan as a Kid. 

Meanwhile he then has the gall to make a statement saying "every kid wants to play for a "big" club." 

Okay Then

Another JT masterpiece no doubt.

Can he not learn from them midfielders. Kante has had an amazing career, Jorginho came 2nd or 3rd in the Ballon Dor

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Can he not learn from them midfielders. Kante has had an amazing career, Jorginho came 2nd or 3rd in the Ballon Dor

Yes i'm sure he can learn stuff from them, but then he left Coutihno, Buendia & co as well as Gerrard... Just don't quite get the veiled dig saying "every young player wants to play for a "big" club. That was plain unecessary and quite insulting given what he is leaving behind in his desperate clamour to escape from such a paltry, tiny little club lol!

Just now, danceoftheshamen said:

Yes i'm sure he can learn stuff from them, but then he left Coutihno, Buendia & co as well as Gerrard... Just don't quite get the veiled dig saying "every young player wants to play for a "big" club. That was plain unecessary and quite insulting given what he is leaving behind in his desperate clamour to escape from such a paltry, tiny little club lol!

In fairness since Carney was born we have finished top 6 four times, been in about 7 relegation battles

We arent a big club sadly for kids of his generation and sure he isnt a local lad to get it either from growing up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

In fairness since Carney was born we have finished top 6 four times, been in about 7 relegation battles

We arent a big club sadly for kids of his generation and sure he isnt a local lad to get it either from growing up

Surely though Zatman, having been a part of the whole Sawirs & Edens rise he must have seen that this was no small club? Rather one slowly reclaiming it's place? He must have known the history, seen the fanbase and the Stadium plans etc. Seen the quality of the clubs Youth system & everything else? So why the insult? The first thing out of his gob after leaving? Sorry, but no. That's plain disrespectful and as a result I am delighted he's gone. Talk about having a rotton apple in the barrel. 

Anyhow he's nothing more than yet another Chelsea wannabe now so. 

12 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Surely though Zatman, having been a part of the whole Sawirs & Edens rise he must have seen that this was no small club? Rather one slowly reclaiming it's place? He must have known the history, seen the fanbase and the Stadium plans etc. Seen the quality of the clubs Youth system & everything else? So why the insult? The first thing out of his gob after leaving? Sorry, but no. That's plain disrespectful and as a result I am delighted he's gone. Talk about having a rotton apple in the barrel. 

Anyhow he's nothing more than yet another Chelsea wannabe now so. 

Whatever we currently are and trying to be we aren't Chelsea 

Theyre a much bigger club than us, they're a top table club, we aren't 

Its not an insult it's the reality, there are 6 big clubs in England 

Edited by villa4europe

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Whatever we currently are and trying to be we aren't Chelsea 

Theyre a much bigger club than us, they're a top table club, we aren't 

Its not an insult it's the reality, there are 6 big clubs in England 

I disagree, currently I see it a bit like this.....

We are a big to very big club (on the rise) They (Chelsea) are obviously currently massive, due to Abramovich's Millions of course but we are most definately in the "Big club" bracket. 

Massive = Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City & possibly now Spurs i guess.

Very Big = Villa (Just almost getting back to this level in my view), Newcastle (soon to enter the "massive" group no doubt) , West Ham, Everton & possibly Leicester 

Big = Wolves, Palace, Forest and most of the rest of the prem excluding maybe Bournemouth and one or two others

Not exact science & we are likely in reality in between Big & Very Big currently (but not historically of course)

So If carney had come out & said "Don't get me wrong Villa is a big club and helped me progress massively but Chelsea is the club I supported as a lad & with all due respect is a massive club right now" Or anything along those lines, I would have said fair play to the geezer.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Personally I think it's top 6 + everyone else 

Its mad what they've done to football, its not even on the quiet but it's like no one's noticed it 

Yet Leicester have won the league and the FA Cup plus had two top 5 finishes. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yet Leicester have won the league and the FA Cup plus had two top 5 finishes. 

And can't sustain it because those clubs still generate £200m+ per year more than them in revenue 

Leicester time flirting with the top is done 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Of course John Terry was the first to congratulate him on IG. 

It follows, he is a Chelsea man now.

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As undeniable as it is Chelsea have resources beyond our dreams, it's a pretty unnecessary dig on his way out.

I hope the prick is playing in the championship in a few years

Yeah I’m trying to not to pay much heed to it beyond the typical signing rhetoric. He backs himself very highly so let’s see if he can live up to it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

We are a big to very big club (on the rise) They (Chelsea) are obviously currently massive, due to Abramovich's Millions of course but we are most definately in the "Big club" bracket. 

Massive = Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City & possibly now Spurs i guess.

Very Big = Villa (Just almost getting back to this level in my view), Newcastle (soon to enter the "massive" group no doubt) , West Ham, Everton & possibly Leicester 

Big = Wolves, Palace, Forest and most of the rest of the prem excluding maybe Bournemouth and one or two others

Not exact science & we are likely in reality in between Big & Very Big currently (but not historically of course)

So If carney had come out & said "Don't get me wrong Villa is a big club and helped me progress massively but Chelsea is the club I supported as a lad & with all due respect is a massive club right now" Or anything along those lines, I would have said fair play to the geezer.  

One thing, no one can take away from us......we developed him over the last 6 years....that should be a good testimonial, to any new prospects.

• Like 1

He's gone, no point worrying about it anymore. He clearly wanted to leave and he's joined a bigger club. He probably will get more game time as he'll be able to play in those European dead rubbers. 

We've taken plenty of young players off smaller clubs and now we've just had one taken from us, but we've managed to get £15m for him with the prospect of more. I think we handled it well. 

I said months ago that as Carney isn't a local lad and not a fan of Villa, it makes it more difficult. All the other young prospects like JJ, AJ, Tim, Barry, KKH and Archer are local lads and most/all support Villa.

I would have loved Chuk to have become a star here but its not to be. Lets concentrate on the young players who want to be here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AA10jmiv.img?w=768&h=511&m=6&x=483&y=98&

You never trust it till you see the money in the bank, but this is good enough for me, it wont fall through and we have managed to get money for him :) 

I am happy for us, 20M is way more than he is worth , he is at a club he wants to be at, we have a squad that wants to be here, Chelsea gets another potential future star.

win/win/win as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

This^

He can join his favourite club, and i'm fine with us not being able to compete with that or tempt him to stay. 

I am more than fine with receiving £20m for him. 

The fact he grew up in Northampton supporting Chelsea, I'm not fine with. 

Lost all my respect for him for leaving his home town club to join Villa...I mean leaving Villa to join his boyhood club 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Oh wow- are Chelsea planning to loan those guys out to vitesse too? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

AA10jmiv.img?w=768&h=511&m=6&x=483&y=98&

You never trust it till you see the money in the bank, but this is good enough for me, it wont fall through and we have managed to get money for him :) 

I am happy for us, 20M is way more than he is worth , he is at a club he wants to be at, we have a squad that wants to be here, Chelsea gets another potential future star.

win/win/win as far as I am concerned.

Hope he gets a discount on trivago as he will need so many hotels in different cities when he gets loaned out each season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Why do you care what an 18 year old says about Villa? 

• Like 1

I think he will go on to be a top player. Thing is, I don’t feel angry about this one. Can hardly blame him for securing a lucrative 6 year contract at a club he claims to support who are also a top top team. Yes, there is a risk, but I’m not sure the route to playing for us was clear cut at all. I don’t particularly wish him well, but I certainly don’t begrudge him the move. We did all we could to secure him for the next few years to no avail. We have some quality youngsters who have a great chance of making it with us. Let’s put our support behind them - especially as most support the Villa!

Â