Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I can't be bothered to go through the list and check but he must be close to the youngest player on the list too, won't be many 18 year olds in there 

I havent heard of a few of them so probably is a few younger than him

Incredibly he didnt make the initial 100 shortlist but on the final 60. Really impressed by his Under 19 performances

I've never heard of it, I don't think it means much, apparently it's based on past calender year, so doesn't really make sense for Chukwuemeka to be nominated as he hardly played for our academy teams because of being with the first team squad, but didn't actually play for our first team either, so must be based mostly on his performances at U19 Euros.

Even more strange is the inclusion of Wolves players Fabio Silva and Ki-Jana Hoever, most Wolves fans agree that Hoever has been very poor for them and nowhere near good enough, and not sure what Silva had done in the past calender year to be considered a 'golden boy'.

No doubt Chukwuemeka is one of Europe's best young talents, but this 'gold boy' list doesn't mean much, there will players left off it better than some of those on it, seems the list is compiled from Tuttosports journalists, so probably just naming high profile youngsters that have either moved for big money or that have had game time with some of the bigger clubs, I doubt that there's much though beyond that been put into it.

Ronnie Edwards was one of England's best players at Euro U19, and was also very good in the championship last season, and has been linked with a big money move to Chelsea and Spurs, I bet if that move had have happened he would have been on the list just based on him moving to a 'big club' for big money.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I've never heard of it, I don't think it means much, apparently it's based on past calender year, so doesn't really make sense for Chukwuemeka to be nominated as he hardly played for our academy teams because of being with the first team squad, but didn't actually play for our first team either, so must be based mostly on his performances at U19 Euros.

Even more strange is the inclusion of Wolves players Fabio Silva and Ki-Jana Hoever, most Wolves fans agree that Hoever has been very poor for them and nowhere near good enough, and not sure what Silva had done in the past calender year to be considered a 'golden boy'.

No doubt Chukwuemeka is one of Europe's best young talents, but this 'gold boy' list doesn't mean much, there will players left off it better than some of those on it, seems the list is compiled from Tuttosports journalists, so probably just naming high profile youngsters that have either moved for big money or that have had game time with some of the bigger clubs, I doubt that there's much though beyond that been put into it.

Ronnie Edwards was one of England's best players at Euro U19, and was also very good in the championship last season, and has been linked with a big money move to Chelsea and Spurs, I bet if that move had have happened he would have been on the list just based on him moving to a 'big club' for big money.

Its just a UEFA award like Ballon Dor for young players, Tuttosport arent great sports site as it is. I think will be won by Camavinga, Bellingham or Musiala anyway

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Been a Chelsea player for a week and he's been added to the UEFA golden boy list

60 best under 21 players in europe 

He’s been on a few of those things last few years, so I’d guess it’s just coincidental timing as he’s at Chelsea now

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think will be won by Camavinga, Bellingham or Musiala anyway

yep and tbf those 3 are well deserving of it! probably pedri too but he won it last year, gvardiol could come high in the voting so could Pino from villarreal but those 3 are another step above

they dont tend to have many misteps on it i think, the winner does tend to go to be a great player, not necessarily all of the nominees though obviously

as much as anything else when as useless says its got the 2 wolves players on the list it shows that there aren't that many youngsters playing every week and doing much

I've heard of it from FM but in 2022 they moved on to NxtGen

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s been on a few of those things last few years, so I’d guess it’s just coincidental timing as he’s at Chelsea now

yeah i was joking about it being because he's a chelsea player, its because the long list was announced before the U19 euros

as zatman said though its a bit weird that he wasnt named in the initial 100 but when they've cut it down from 100 to 60 he's popped up on the list

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Chelsea about to sign promising midfielder Cesare Casadei from Inter for €20m.

Don't know anything about him but looks like he is a bit box to box. More competition at CM for Carney

He is miles behind Carney in development, he is older than Carney and has never even made a senior football bench. Highest he has played at any level is under 19

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Football is in the toilet 

Gone from being part of a 1st teamer for a mid table team to relegated to the reserves of a Champions league club

FTFY

Not even sure if chuk trains with the first team but same as Grealish for all the shit we give him as fans I bet he's on cloud 9 with his decision because footballers do not see football in the same way as fans do 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I get this move and don’t blame Chuk for making it. But I remember many fans slamming the club and Gerrard for not giving him enough first team meetings for being the reason he wants to leave. It really did feel like any excuse to have a dig at Gerrard. Then he got it bad for not taking him to Australia. 

At least now we know that was never the case.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 13:34, Zatman said:

don tell the people on here who thinks he is crap

Mate you know nobody said he was crap. They just said he wasn’t good enough yet for a lot of first team minutes in this league which I agreed with.  The ironic thing is he would have got a lot more minutes than he will now at Chelsea for a few years at least. 

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get this move and don’t blame Chuk for making it. But I remember many fans slamming the club and Gerrard for not giving him enough first team meetings for being the reason he wants to leave. It really did feel like any excuse to have a dig at Gerrard. Then he got it bad for not taking him to Australia. 

At least now we know that was never the case.  

This. Was saying the same thing.

Its all about ££££

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This. Was saying the same thing.

Its all about ££££

Nah I disagree dem, we offered him silly money, the rumour was highest contract ever offered to an 18 year old

For me it's all about the status "Chelseas Carney Chukwuemeka" is a bigger thing than being Aston Villa's Carney Chukwuemeka regardless of money or playing football, he's part of the sky 6 and we're not 

That's the sad reality of what football is, he's not the first and he won't be the last 

• Like 1

Â