Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'm sure we can find something to argue about on here!

Erm, I decided we can have an argument first! Look back in the thread if you want, I (1) said I wanted an argument, (2) said I was up for it tonight and (3) said the argument would take place here on VillaTalk.

It’s not my fault I’m always right!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Have you watched the goings on in the premier league in the last 5 years? Everton paid 50m for Gilfi Sigurdson. Wolves just paid £35m for an 11 year old girl from Portugal who's played in less first team games than me. 

Honestly, chill out, its not your money mate. 

It’s gonna be 12 months before we know if this is good value for money or not, assuming it goes through. Definitely some risk and hope value at that price but the potential upside is significant. For now, I’m quite relaxed and happy we’ll have another player who should improve the first 11 and help drag the club away from those relegations spots. Those years in the championship still haunt me. Avoiding a return is priceless so go spend the money and get more good players in. 

Watkins, Martinez, Benrahma, Buendia and Santamaria. 

I will eat a jam doughnut without licking my lips if we do that. Mainly because I wouldn't have any lips because I would have already licked them into existence at the thought of all them lining up for us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

Watkins, Martinez, Benrahma, Buendia and Santamaria

I will eat a jam doughnut without licking my lips if we do that. Mainly because I wouldn't have any lips because I would have already licked them into existence at the thought of all them lining up for us. 

Oooooo you're getting me all fizzy with your dirty talk. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Joronen of Brescia being linked to us, another keeper. He's actually pretty decent and was at FC Copenhagen in 18/19 so there's the Lange link for everyone demanding he starts signing loads of players this summer.

In the original Corriere dello Sport article, it actually links him to West Ham, but then goes on to say they want him as a replacement for Pepe Reina! The usual sites have now translated it as us being interested in him, so make of that what you will. Pretty sure we were linked with him last summer before he moved to Brescia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Erm, I decided we can have an argument first! Look back in the thread if you want, I (1) said I wanted an argument, (2) said I was up for it tonight and (3) said the argument would take place here on VillaTalk.

It’s not my fault I’m always right!

Where has he disappeared to by the way?

Would hate to think he has disappeared right time for a potential signing he moaned about?

Is he in the naughty corner via mods?

Fun and jokes aside i'd hate for someone not to be able to enjoy the forum for lack of knowing better or " over enthusiasm" (Preferably without being a clearing in the woods of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Seriously though I think King link was a load of rubbish and Percy has got it well wrong unless was a hurry up for Brentford to take our offer on Watkins

Think that's the case with every striker link we've had. 

I think our string of goalkeeper links are a hurry up call to whichever club and player we are currently after. Maybe that person is Joronen, ticks all the boxes with being a good price and linked to Lange

Who else do you think should leave the club this summer? I'm happy with everyone in the squad staying if I'm honest, good to have depth and continuity, good team spirit. Other than goalkeeper position. I really think we need to shift 2 keepers if we're signing one, maybe even if we aren't. Nyland will go for free next summer if we don't sell and Kalinic is done here. 

I'd like a few of the younger players to get out on full season loans for experience, Davis, Ramsey etc. 

• Like 2