Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Nigel said:

Still....it would be funny if only for the reactions up norf!

We could offer Bruce a couple of right backs to put across his back line. He F**king loves a right back.

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A hell yeah from me! Would love Axel back here.

A no from me. What's the point of Axel now that we have Konsa developing. Don't get me wrong i think that he is marginally better than Konsa, but enough to warrant any outlay financially? i'd prefer to keep playing Konsa as I think he could become a very good prem player.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, peterw said:

A no from me. What's the point of Axel now that we have Konsa developing. Don't get me wrong i think that he is marginally better than Konsa, but enough to warrant any outlay financially? i'd prefer to keep playing Konsa as I think he could become a very good prem player.

With transfer fees as they are, Konsa looks a bargain. Think Axel would cost far too much to warrant a move 

4 minutes ago, peterw said:

Replying to the post where it stated 'Loan'.

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

With transfer fees as they are, Konsa looks a bargain. Think Axel would cost far too much to warrant a move 

Whether a transfer or a loan I don't think it is justified. Konsa was a better player at the end of the season than he was at the start, which is a good sign of effective coaching. He deserves to start the season - unless we buy Ramos or someone of that ilk. However, i don't think buying another experienced centre-half should be completely off the table.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peterw said:

I don't think we can say tuanzebe is marginally better than konsa now.

Konsa has a full pemiership season under his belt and actually did well towards the end of the season.

Tuanzebe I think still doesn't even have double digit premiership appearances and has spent a large chunk of the last two years injured.

I think it was a big mistake for tuanzebe when he signed a new contract with manure last season, he wont get in their team, he will need a move to develop imo.

Also, considering his injury record and the fact we have konsa, I wouldnt spend the money we do have on him.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We don't have £100m to spend, we have what's necessary for the correct players to spend.

The £100m was always just made up.  Its not like the money is sitting in the bank.  The majority is paid for from future earnings depending how the deal is structured (the owners can only put £35m in over 3 seasons excluding excluded items like youth team players etc) .  Some reports have said our wages were as low as £30-40m last season off a turnover of probably £150m excluding the impact of Covid.  This is why we can spend and in theory we could probably spend up to £200m before we would use up all of our future budgets.

Edited by MJ_1874

34 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

leeds for top 6 boi.

Nah let's hope they do a fulham, rather than a wolves. 

But sure when have Leeds ever overstretched in the transfer market, leaving them in financial meltdown and risking their very existence? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think lewis for 15m is a good deal suprised we didnt look at that

I don't really get what all the fuss is about him.  Created almost half the chances of Targett last year in very attacking team and was not great defensively.

• Like 3