Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yes I have seen he may go on loan to Crystal Palace.

I am not writing off Samatta I would be happy for him to be third choice its just if this lad is going cheap it may be a good opportunity to improve.

Oops I meant Palace

Thoughts on:

Buendia 20 mill

Grujic 20 mill

Martinez 15 mill

King 15 mill

Gallagher (loan)

Tuanzebe (loan)

?

LB is still a problem(ish) but you can only do so much.

Good mix of experience, potential and quality?

edit: assuming we get Watkins of course... 😂

Edited by KangarooVillan

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

I just had an idea..... dangerous I know.

We could sell Samatta this summer, I'm sure someone would pay half what we paid for him so circa 5m.

Pointless selling Samatta for a loss and reducing what we can spend under FFP. 

So we have spent 44m on cash and watkins (awaiting confirmation ofc).

Assuming 100m to spend thats 56m ish left.

So:

15-20m on Martinez?

15-20m on a central midfielder? (Who?)

15-20m on a winger/IF? (Buendia, cantwell, rashica, King, other?)

I would guess benrahma is way out of our price range now, unless we want to dial back massively on other signings. (Assuming Brentford would want 25-30m for him).

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So:

15-20m on Martinez?

Think that’s what will happen too. Then next summer 3x £40 mill players. Then NSWE can rest easy. 

Blue nose in the office reckons Hogan will join them by the end of the week. I can see why we’ve been a little slow in getting players in whilst we have so much deadwood on good wages. Can imagine Lansbury, Hogan, Nyland, Kalanic and Jota collectively taking up nearly £150k a week. 

2 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

Blue nose in the office reckons Hogan will join them by the end of the week. I can see why we’ve been a little slow in getting players in whilst we have so much deadwood on good wages. Can imagine Lansbury, Hogan, Nyland, Kalanic and Jota collectively taking up nearly £150k a week. 

Just imagine at the end of this season when the contracts of taylor, lansbury, nyland, hogan, davis and jota expire.

That should free up 150k ish a week easy.

Davis is the only one im 50/50 on though.

3 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

You’re right, I don’t think we’ve seen any departures yet and those players you’ve listed are very unlikely to play. At the very least their wages would cover 2 very decent loans, probably with some change too. It’s wages that do the long term damage not the initial fee. 

4 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

Yes, persuading these players to move on is equally as important, we need to shed some fat and be as lean as possible moving forward. Fair play to Hogan if he moves as that would mean a significant pay cut. I think we’re almost certainly stuck with Lansbury for the final year of his deal, even loaning him out and still paying 50-75% of his wages would be better than the current situation.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Just imagine at the end of this season when the contracts of taylor, lansbury, nyland, hogan, davis and jota expire.

That should free up 150k ish a week easy.

Davis is the only one im 50/50 on though.

If it was possible I’d try to get Davis to sign a new 2yr deal this summer with a view to loaning him out to the best possible club for this coming season. The lad has good attributes, he just needs to find the back of the net a few times to raise his confidence. A Keinan Davis with a few goals to his name would be worth a decent amount of £s in the current market. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A hell yeah from me! Would love Axel back here.

Agreed as long as he can stay fit of course. However we do have history of keeping crocked CBs fit 🙂

Edited by DaveAV1

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

Thoughts on:

Buendia 20 mill

Grujic 20 mill

Martinez 15 mill

King 15 mill

Gallagher (loan)

Tuanzebe (loan)

?

LB is still a problem(ish) but you can only do so much.

Good mix of experience, potential and quality?

edit: assuming we get Watkins of course... 😂

Are you suggesting/expecting that we sign all of these players? If so, don’t think it’ll happen. Our squad is too big, wave budget would balloon and teams are playing hardball in this unprecedented market. 

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So:

15-20m on Martinez?

This scenario, after Watkins, is most likely imo.