Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Martinez

Cash       Konsa               Mings       Targett               
            (Luyindama?)

McGinn     Luiz

Jack

?????                    Watkins                 ?????

I expect us to sign a CM or RW (no links as yet, plenty of LW though which we don’t need as much) or, even better, both.

With Jack in the middle (with John & Doug) it does seem like a lightweight midfield, we could really do with some physicality in there. So either McGinn rotates with the new player or maybe even plays wide at times?

Jack on the left and a strong (and taller) CM would be fine but I’d like us to bring in 2 wingers (maybe one with pace and the other more creative) and we really need to lighten the load & reliability on Jack & give him some players who could be on a similar wavelength to him. And also to cover his occasional absence, e.g. injury, so we don’t completely fall apart.

Would be delighted with Martinez, a reliable & long term GK (we can stop messing about in that department).

I’d rather we did better than King but not totally against it (better than Wilson) and he has some versatility & experience. Would likely need replacing in a year or two though & I was hoping we could do better & younger.

Watkins must be first choice CF especially with how much we’ve spent on him and I trust that Dean rates him highly and sees him as a dependable and effective player for the first team (I don’t know how good he is in all honesty). We need goals and a dangerous attack quite badly...

What we need most of all (imo) right now is players that can share the creative & attacking load alongside Jack.

Will be good to see certain, ineffective, players relegated to the bench and be forced to genuinely prove their worth and compete for a place in the side.

Things certainly seem more positive and hopeful atm and I’m hoping our business is far from completed...

14 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Only posting this because I know how much @Delphinho123 cherishes them 😉

A comparison of Ollie Watkins in the Championship last season and Tammy with us two seasons ago. A rating of 50 is average. 

The numbers suggest that Tammy was great at the finishing aspects and getting shots off, but that Ollie is more involved in build-up as well as defending, and while he didn't shoot as often, Ollie took better quality shots. Which isn't a shock considering Brentford's approach.

Comp.jpg

I like the linkup stat for Watkins. Definitely one of Tammy's weaker points, but he was still decent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

With Watkins incoming we should bring in Benrahma, would be a shame to break them up 

Agreed, makes a lot of sense & would help them settle and hopefully continue where they left off. See how their link up translates to the PL.

Only issue seems to be how much he would cost though but Benrahma is a vast improvement on El Ghazi & Trezeguet.

Just now, Jas10 said:

Agreed, makes a lot of sense & would help them settle and hopefully continue where they left off. See how their link up translates to the PL.

Only issue seems to be how much he would cost though but Benrahma is a vast improvement on El Ghazi & Trezeguet.

Just spend all the monies now I say

22 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Only posting this because I know how much @Delphinho123 cherishes them 😉

A comparison of Ollie Watkins in the Championship last season and Tammy with us two seasons ago. A rating of 50 is average. 

The numbers suggest that Tammy was great at the finishing aspects and getting shots off, but that Ollie is more involved in build-up as well as defending, and while he didn't shoot as often, Ollie took better quality shots. Which isn't a shock considering Brentford's approach.

Comp.jpg

Everything you said - I’ll take your word for it! 

8 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

With Watkins incoming we should bring in Benrahma, would be a shame to break them up 

That would be a great move for you, they work so well together and have a great understanding of each other, would make sense.

Edited by jonjon
  • Like 3

Another way to look at Ollie compared to Tammy and Wes as well. This is a map that shows where their "actions" took place on the pitch. It's Ollie and Wes last season, and Tammy with us. As you can see, Ollie moves around a lot more and is much more balanced getting the play going from anywhere in the attacking half. Wesley seems more comfortable on the left while Tammy prefers the middle. 

Key since I had to make the photos too small to see

Blue/Green: short passes

Yellow/Red: Long passes

Pink/Purple: Dribbles

White: Shots

Watkins.jpg

Tammy.jpg

Wesley.jpg

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, jonjon said:

That would be a great move for you, they work so well together and have a great understanding of each other, would make sense.

Your like the shopkeeper that has sold you the most expensive thing in the shop and you are trying to leave with the bus fair home but he won't let you leave without seeing one last item

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Martinez

Konsa               Mings          

Cash                                               Targett

Luiz

McGinn        

Jack

Rashica                  Watkins                 Benrahma

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

american psycho dancing GIF

Still need that tough CM option to avoid us getting overpowered in some games though.

We are a bit small and lightweight in certain areas.

Really no idea who we are actually targeting for out wide but 1 or 2 of Rashica, Benrahma & Buendia would be akin to a dream signing for us at this stage. There are other options though (if only Deulofeu wasn’t injured) and I’m hoping our scouts have identified some targets of at least that quality...

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree.

Benrahma on the left and Rashica on the right would be a force next season.

Luiz John and Jack down the middle infront of the back 4.

Would be pretty amazing. Just need a GK and a centre mid and maybe a backup striker then.

• Like 1