Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Slightly odd situation where I wake up and, when I refresh the page, I actually go backwards 10 pages. Glad all that overnight silliness has finished, was entertaining for my night shift however.

I think I'm in a similar place I was with Wilson when I think about king. A good buy providing he's not our only CF purchase. If anything, King makes more sense because he is potentially more versatile? I also think that these journalists don't have a clue.  Even Percy to a degree.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Completely stupid on multiple levels but A+ for effort on the meme. Some decent players have played for Celtic. 40 goals from 62 not to be sniffed at

Gary Hooper, Scott Sinclair, Anthony Stokes. All bagged loads north and south of the border

I wasn't even referencing Celtic. More Wesley. I wasn't even stating he was a bad player just people's reactions to something new, different and shiny and unproven vs signing tried and tested players.

Sorry mate. Will try harder next time.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I've looked at King's stats and they're very decent, last season for example he directly contributed, either via scoring himself or assisting others to ten goals in 2020 minutes of premier league football, in terms of minutes on pitch that's just over 22 games worth. And people might talk about his penalties but how many of those will he have won himself, or have been won by others players in build-up play that he was involved with.

AEG 8 and Trez 7 goal involvement in around same minutes for considerably less reported transfer fee

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Gary Hooper, Scott Sinclair, Anthony Stokes. All bagged loads north and south of the border

I wasn't even referencing Celtic. More Wesley. I wasn't even stating he was a bad player just people's reactions to something new, different and shiny and unproven vs signing tried and tested players.

Sorry mate. Will try harder next time.

Wesley 5 more shots on target in 200 less minutes than King 1 less goal and don't remember Wesley scoring/taking penalties in PL. **** it just sign King and wait for people to whinge how shit he is

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's fair if it was relevant. Are you saying he's a great proponent? Never struck me as such. Honestly rather give Samatta a chance. 2 goals in friendlies. He wasn't in the right headspace Project Restart IMO. Willing to give him time. The wrist slashing comments about him on AVFC FB official are embarrassing

god you don't actually read those do you? i agree, i've not written him off either. i think we'll be ok with watkins, wes, and samatta based on us playing 1 up top which is unlikely to change. we'd have to be very unlucky for all 3 to get injured.

and i think we'll play king out wide where he was most effective for bournemouth

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

1 day until the window closes. "AVFC is preparing a bid"

No it’s not 1 day until the window closes. 

Window shuts on 5 October 2020 for all transfers and until 16 October 2020 for domestic transfers as per premier league website https://www.premierleague.com/transfers/summer/2020

The summer 2020 transfer window started on 27 July and is open for 10 weeks, ending on 5 October.  

A domestic-only window, during which Premier League clubs can only trade with those in the EFL, will run from 5 October to 17:00 BST on 16 October.

Please note the deals, loan or permanent, announced by clubs below may still be subject to international clearance and/or administrative details before they can be confirmed.

All transfer fees are undisclosed unless otherwise stated.

I make that just under 4 weeks for international transfers in or 6 weeks for domestic. That is plenty of time to make transfers. Whilst it would be better to get them in early, it’s not like we have no time to finalise the transfers. 

Edited by cyrusr

2 minutes ago, string28 said:

Got to feel for Davis and thi k he will go out on loan.

Why he scored 3 goals playing bulk of season in Championship under Bruce when we had injuries. Just not seeing where the goals are coming from

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

god you don't actually read those do you? i agree, i've not written him off either. i think we'll be ok with watkins, wes, and samatta based on us playing 1 up top which is unlikely to change. we'd have to be very unlucky for all 3 to get injured.

and i think we'll play king out wide where he was most effective for bournemouth

Not great mate. Seriously hope this is bollocks rumour

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joshua-king/leistungsdaten/spieler/91059

Callum Wilson? £20m, Josh King? £20m, Rhian Brewster? £20m, Harry Wilson? £20m, Emiliano Martinez? £20m, every single Brentford player? £20m...

How is it that every single player no matter age, position, squad stature, experience or anything else is expected to fetch £20m :D 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, string28 said:

Arsenal are after Brentfords keeper?

Shame, But Thomas Frank has stated that neither him or Rico Henry are for sale in this window, But then, Money talks.(£20 Million each anyone🤣)

• Haha 1

On 03/08/2020 at 16:52, MaVilla said:

aha, we have reached defon 3 of the Villa transfer window.

Defcon 4 - Transfer window opens, Villa fans cordially discuss possible options and improvements to the team.

Defcon 3 - No signings within first week of open transfer window, Villa fans start desperately proposing ageing and over the hill stars, general forum members start turning on each other and saying each other dont know what they are talking about etc etc.

Defcon 2 - Some players signed, 50/50 split between forum members as to why they are a) the next McGinn, or b) the next McCormack, slinging of proverbial sh*t continues unabated (for reference, the slinging of proverbial doo doo is exactly inversely proportional to the number of signings in millions (£))

Defcon 1 - Window closes, entire pre season then spent arguing about a) shouldnt have signed XX, b) should have signed XXXX, c) will get top XXX position in the league no problem boi, d) zomg its over man we are down and relegated and imploded and its over the club is a sunday club may as well put us in sunday league now mmmkay.

Once the season starts, we then proceed in to the 7 stages of denial.

Are we still at defcon 3?, i think we are straddling 2 and 3 currently.

I think we are at defcon 2.75.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Callum Wilson? £20m, Josh King? £20m, Rhian Brewster? £20m, Harry Wilson? £20m, Emiliano Martinez? £20m, every single Brentford player? £20m...

How is it that every single player no matter age, position, squad stature, experience or anything else is expected to fetch £20m :D 

Hah, maybe its like when we bought Cascarino at the end of the tax window.

I'm really not trying to be intentionally antagonistic but I've not rated Josh King as a player for several seasons. He's not even a poor man's Carew. That would be disrespectful to our previous great Norwegian who I had pleasure of seeing score 2nd half hat trick against Newcastle at my first trip to Villa Park

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not great mate. Seriously hope this is bollocks rumour

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joshua-king/leistungsdaten/spieler/91059

stats aren't everything as others have said. with respect, i prefer to rely on the opinions of those that watch him week in week out, and all my AFCB mates plus my office that's full of AFCB fans don't have a bad word to say about him. they rate him twice as high as they do wilson. i can't claim to have seen loads of him myself, but have liked what i've seen whenever i saw him.

when buying a player the reactions of supporters of the selling club is a big tell as to what the player is like. NFFC fans were gutted to see Cash go for example. AFCB fans are pissing themselves at the money they got for wilson.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Bruce would pay double for most to go to Newcastle. Canny bastard got Wilson on the cheap for 5 year deal on huge wages.