Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Potentially 5 year deal on stupid a week. As Deborah meaden always says  "I won't be investing I'm out".

It's a 4 year deal for the strikers' - theoretically - best years of his career.  Someone who is "proven" to whatever extent in the Premier League and is costing £20m.

That really isn't bad.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

4 year contract for wilson then, with an option for the player to extend for the 5th.

I wonder if when hes 32 he would select that 5th year of gravy.

Very happy we didn't sign him tbh.

He will be in Bruce's bomb squad by Easter 

• Like 2

In fairness on the Wilson deal, yes it is at a stretch something a player like that can expect - but only if a club is willing to offer it. The cold hard fact we did not offer it is I think where the relief comes in - we are not that club any more. 

• Like 4

Just now, bobzy said:

It's a 4 year deal for the strikers' - theoretically - best years of his career.  Someone who is "proven" to whatever extent in the Premier League and is costing £20m.

That really isn't bad.

He gets to extend the contract if he so wishes. Plus he never wanted to come to Villa. He's on 6 figures at the barcodes. Two ACL injuries too. One potential knock away from career ending. Wilson knows this too hence he's gone for the best deal for him.

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Mad deal!

I'm sure he will be perfecly fine for the first 2 years, then most probably a mill stone used to bash the business acumen of the board for the rest 

In saying that I dont know which would be worse for the geordies, whether he decides to take up that final year or whether he doesn't!

Reminds me a bit of when Bournemouth signed Jermain Defoe. 4 year deal on massive wages.

Obviously Wilson is much younger but he's had some bad injuries. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

That really isn't bad.

its more being in that bruce attack that'll be the problem, bruce's tactics would make better players than Wilson look shit, if anything he needs a bit of chasing round like a dog with 2 dicks being able to occupy a back 4 himself, to play isolated and not cut that frustrated figure, I honestly haven't seen enough of him to know if that's what he is

Not really fussed to be honest, we can do better but until we do we cant really turn our noses up at it, the agents and journos putting this turned down villa spin on it will of course piss the villa fans off, not much mention of his Cov links though...personally I don't believe any of the guff so brushed off our link to him and this turning us down stuff

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bit early to say it's a stupid deal.

Vardy is still banging them in at the age of 33

Yeah but Wilson, apart from one season. Has never really banged them in as he? Just because another 29 year old has done it, doesn't mean this 29 year old will do it. That's not how real life works.

• Like 1

Just now, omariqy said:

Yeah but Wilson, apart from one season. Has never really banged them in as he? Just because another 29 year old has done it, doesn't mean this 29 year old will do it. That's not how real life works.

He don't need to be scoring 20-25 goals.

If he can score 10-12 goals for them that's already a big improvement for them.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a 4 year deal which will take him to 32 (no age with today's sports science) and by activating himself I presume it means he can activate it if he plays x amount of games the final year. As in it is in his hands.

...and why is everyone acting like he is a cripple? He hasn't a major injury in 2 years.

It is a standard deal you pay for an England international.  It is the going rate.

Brainwashed.

I’m as disappointed as anyone that we haven’t signed more players yet, but this is, in no way, a deal that we should be doing (if it’s true).

In a perfect world for Newcastle, Wilson will play for 4 years with no, or very few, injuries, AND will regain his form from 2 seasons ago.

Is that likely though? I don’t think so.

What’s more likely is that he’ll manage between 20-30 games per season for the next couple of years, maybe bettering this seasons goal tally, but maybe not (ie: being on the same level as Wesley), while his body declines and he falls out of favour at Newcastle while they have to bring in other options. If that happens, then he’d have another couple of seasons on big money, doing nothing. Like Richards and Lescott did for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Why are we still talking about a player that many didn’t want who’s now gone to another club? 

Because of the people who did want him, And the other people justifying that they didn’t want him.  Essentially people are agreeing to the point that one can do this

happy told you so GIF

and become The ultimate winner of Villatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wesley would've done that I am sure and he cost the same but has 7 years on the guy and is on a 1/3 of the wages. If you are smart about your business then you can get the same results. I get why they've gone for him and I sort of get why we were interested but it's a deal I am glad we didn't get over the line. It's not how you should be running a sustainable business.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Because of the people who did want him, And the other people justifying that they didn’t want him.  Essentially people are agreeing to the point that one can do this

happy told you so GIF

Said this last week (no not serious)

Edited by Jareth

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He gets to extend the contract if he so wishes. Plus he never wanted to come to Villa. He's on 6 figures at the barcodes. Two ACL injuries too. One potential knock away from career ending. Wilson knows this too hence he's gone for the best deal for him.

We don't know the details of that element - may be after a certain number of games the season before, or goals, or if wages fall or whatever.  There's a clause (apparently) in there, but no idea what it amounts to.

Every single footballer in one potential injury away from having their career ended.  The guy is a 1 in 3 striker in the Premier League - presumably irrespective of ACL injuries.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

happy told you so GIF

What's the trophy look like? I am in.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

happy told you so GIF

Nah, it's just a discussion on a discussion forum 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But he’s only done that once in five seasons so what’s going to change now especially in a Bruce attack.

• Like 2