Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Haha, I wonder what he'll do in year 4 after sitting out most of the season injured at the ripe old age of 32. I felt NUFC were doing something like this because they have form for daft contracts.

Prime Video sports football sport soccer GIF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Haha, I wonder what he'll do in year 4 after sitting out most of the season injured at the ripe old age of 32. I felt NUFC were doing something like this because they have form for daft contracts.

I suspect he will say, cool, I'll have another year of £80k/week thanks, and continue to sit there.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Whilst I agree with this I don't see a majority of these moving on. Hause, Elmo, Taylor, El Ghazt and Trez I'm almost certain will be part of the squad next season.  The rest I think we'll struggle to shift. We might be able to get Jota out on loan, but I seriously doubt anyone would take on Lansbury's wages, or Hogan's, and Kalinic seems to have fallen off the planet. Nyland will probably see his contract out so it only leaves Samatta out of that list where we could realistically make money, and I doubt he'd be sold until we have at least 1 new striker in. Sadly I don't think we're going to be able to use sales to subsidise recruitment.

Me neither really. But with a 25 man squad and us already having more than 25 and needing new additions we'll have to sort something out on loan at least.

We are better off paying a portion of the wages for players out on loan than having them around not registered to play apart from the odd cup game. We will be forced to take a L on some of these guys.

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Also - I can see why NUFC landed Wilson - not a deal we should be doing and our lot should be commended for not competing with these terms. 

Just as expected and why I didn't want us to go for him. 4-5 year deal at his age with those injuries and I¨'m guessing big wages.

No thanks. we gotta be smarter than that this time.

Yeah if he scores the goal that keeps them up it will be worth it bla bla bla

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Why is everyone suddenly feeling confident about Tammy? Because of those Kevin Twitter posts? 

Everyone is on tenterhooks and second guessing any cryptic clue posted for effect on twitter. This is one of the downfalls of social media :( 

I imagine there’s realistically only a handful of people who genuinely know our transfer business and I wouldn’t expect them to be shouting their mouths off on social media about it.

• Like 1

If a 4+ year deal is what Wilson was after then I’m over the moon that we didn’t get him.

A 3-year deal on modest wages (60k ish) is the very most I would want us to offer him. 

I don’t think he’s as crocked as many people make out, but 4 years with a 5th option is a big gamble on him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Just as expected and why I didn't want us to go for him. 4-5 year deal at his age with those injuries and I¨'m guessing big wages.

No thanks. we gotta be smarter than that this time.

Yeah if he scores the goal that keeps them up it will be worth it bla bla bla

Totally agree - we most likely were offering a 3yr contract whilst Newcastle were offering potentially 5yrs... no wonder he was more interested in going there

I’m relieved the club didn’t opt to match their contract offer as he’d be lolling around the club for years with no impact on the first team and priced out of moving on.

i don’t think Wilson will hit double figure this season under Bruce. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Also - I can see why NUFC landed Wilson - not a deal we should be doing and our lot should be commended for not competing with these terms. 

thats a mad deal by newcastle noy his worth 4 year deal with his injuries bruce strikes again

• Like 1