Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

It's a 4 year deal which will take him to 32 (no age with today's sports science) and by activating himself I presume it means he can activate it if he plays x amount of games the final year. As in it is in his hands.

...and why is everyone acting like he is a cripple? He hasn't a major injury in 2 years.

It is a standard deal you pay for an England international.  It is the going rate.

Brainwashed.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah this season is a consolidation effort and at best maybe 12th place if we can stay tight at the back.

After the season ended I was confident we'd be able to splash the cash and really improve the first team; now with under two weeks to go we have no improvement on our attacking players.

12th wouldn’t be ‘consolidation’ it would be considerable improvement.

Far too soon to panic - I’m confident that we will buy quality additions before the window shuts

There does need to be a realism though that we will need to improve in stages - hopefully lower mid-table this year and then further incremental improvements going forward 

Purslows statement made in February explains how FFP limits the ability of clubs to ‘splash the cash’ even if they have wealthy owners

18months ago we were 14th in the Championship so I’m very very happy with the progress the new owners have overseen. 

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Me neither really. But with a 25 man squad and us already having more than 25 and needing new additions we'll have to sort something out on loan at least.

We are better off paying a portion of the wages for players out on loan than having them around not registered to play apart from the odd cup game. We will be forced to take a L on some of these guys.

I think we'll take an L on a lot of them sadly. We;ve had some truly woeful recruitment.

• Like 1

Mad deal!

I'm sure he will be perfecly fine for the first 2 years, then most probably a mill stone used to bash the business acumen of the board for the rest 

In saying that I dont know which would be worse for the geordies, whether he decides to take up that final year or whether he doesn't!

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think people must be on crack thinking that we can buy Tammy.

I agree, his wages if stories are to be believed, are eye watering. That’s what kills the deal not necessarily the initial fee. 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Well they are celebrating on missing out on a proven striker to a rival who will infinitely improve their strikeforce. I dont know what to say.

Well wait and see if we do sign a striker and who he is before saying anything. 

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a 4 year deal which will take him to 32 (no age with today's sports science) and by activating himself I presume it means he can activate it if he plays x amount of games the final year. As in it is in his hands.

...and why is everyone acting like he is a cripple? He hasn't a major injury in 2 years.

It is a standard deal you pay for an England international.  It is the going rate.

Brainwashed.

Peak striker performance is typically around them being 29-31 years of age apparently.

The guy has played in at least 20 games for the past 4 seasons.  I don't get why people are so obsessed over past injuries.

As I say, I think he'll do well for them.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Well they are celebrating on missing out on a proven striker to a rival who will infinitely improve their strikeforce. I dont know what to say.

A striker with a worse scoring rate than Wesley last season

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Peak striker performance is typically around them being 29-31 years of age apparently.

The guy has played in at least 20 games for the past 4 seasons.  I don't get why people are so obsessed over past injuries.

As I say, I think he'll do well for them.

Potentially 5 year deal on stupid a week. As Deborah meaden always says  "I won't be investing I'm out".