Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

never known premier league side affected like this after coming up is this an excuse by purslow becaause they don't want to pay for quality

Its not a excuse we clearly have to follow these corrupt ffp rules

• Like 2

Not sure if this has anything to do with ffp or even true but on the transfer show with Darren Bent yesterday on Talk Sport it said that Newcastle had offered payment for Wilson in one go upfront whilst we had could only afford to offer staged payments on the deal

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Not sure if this has anything to do with ffp or even true but on the transfer show with Darren Bent yesterday on Talk Sport it said that Newcastle had offered payment for Wilson in one go upfront whilst we had could only afford to offer staged payments on the deal

we are in trouble then

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

we are in trouble then

Most transfer fees are paid over the length of the players contact. Bournemouth accepted our offer, the player decided he wanted to play for Newcastle we withdrew our offer. Why does these mean as a club we are in trouble? 

Just now, theboyangel said:

And Darren Bent knows this how??? 
I doubt he knows everything about his own finances let alone two premier league clubs books! 

It was one of the hacks they have in to co present, can not recall who but someone from the Times or Mail or something. I dismissed it but this is what is being touted and you know how these rumours get blown up 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

it feels like we are waiting until the end if the window to maybe save a couple of millions or we are only able to sign players only we are in for and the clubs will except instalments ......deadline day might be fun 🥳

Even bigger Sky wank fest than usual as it SLAMS SHUT 

Edited by Follyfoot

14 minutes ago, holteendhero said:

Most transfer fees are paid over the length of the players contact. Bournemouth accepted our offer, the player decided he wanted to play for Newcastle we withdrew our offer. Why does these mean as a club we are in trouble? 

ah didn't know that

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree, or he needs to play in a different position, arguably he would make a better midfielder,, maybe. I suspect it will be a loan somewhere next season. 

We absolutely should explore whether there are other positions better suited to Keinan. I don't think he is a striker- but he could possibly be a left back/ left CD.

Pep has apparently told Nathan Ake he wants to utilise Ake as a holding defensive midfielder.  We  have in the past played Dublin and Jedinak in CD. Even Matty Cash is a converted midfielder.  Therefore perhaps we should explore Keinan's options. There is a footballer in there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

We absolutely should explore whether there are other positions better suited to Keinan. I don't think he is a striker- but he could possibly be a left back/ left CD.

Pep has apparently told Nathan Ake he wants to utilise Ake as a holding defensive midfielder.  We  have in the past played Dublin and Jedinak in CD. Even Matty Cash is a converted midfielder.  Therefore perhaps we should explore Keinan's options. There is a footballer in there.

He would get out on his ass by the worst wingers in the league.

7 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

He’s hid it well 😂

(said in jest - I think he has all the right physical attributes but lacks that extra something to make it in the top flight - would love to be proven wrong by him)

41 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Sounds like Bent talking BS again. Not sure how he would even know that. 

6 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Probably for another thread but are my eyes deceiving me or are people really suggesting Keinan Davis as a left back or midfielder?! 😳

Back to transfers, I think Watkins will sign this week and I'm hopeful Benrahma too, in a double deal. 🙏

Nah, no way. He doesn't score enough goals to play in midfield. That's where all our goals are coming from.

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Probably for another thread but are my eyes deceiving me or are people really suggesting Keinan Davis as a left back or midfielder?! 😳

Back to transfers, I think Watkins will sign this week and I'm hopeful Benrahma too, in a double deal. 🙏

I don't think he'll ever be PL quality see his extended stint in EFL under Bruce. 

Also would love to sign both. Think would massively improve us but do think we might have serious FFP issues. Can't compete with loads of PL clubs in the bottom tier atm and offer stupid wages like West Ham allegedly signed Bowen on 80k a week. I think West Ham are a bit screwed and I'd rather we went baby steps in that regard