Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I agree sounds like excuses from Purslow because our wage budget has been so low for years.

Just simply untrue. Last year was the first year for MANY years that wages were brought somewhat under control. We still have people like Lansbury and Hogan who are on big salaries and contribute nothing to Villa - signed by Wydness and Bruce <shudder> Remember them?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Puslow has a stake in the club. He is in it to run it like a corner shop for years ala Mike Ashley and make a buck.

Its interesting watching conspiracy thinking in action. 

• Haha 1

We we ere linked with Ryan Fraser earlier today but he will be joining Newcastle tomorrow according to reports.

That’s a good couple of days for NUFC with Wilson, Fraser (free) and Jamal Lewis. The former two might just make a difference for them upfront compared to last season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

What possible evidence is there of this? Apart from some weird conspiracy theory you seem to have made up.

Our reluctance to spend money? Our desire to pay less wages than we did in the Championship? Signing first team players on no more than 35k in 2020?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Our reluctance to spend money? Our desire to pay less wages than we did in the Championship? Signing first team players on no more than 35k in 2020?

And therefore risking relegation and his shares being worth less? Doesn't make any sense at all.

Edited by Okonokos

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Didn't we spend the 4th most money in the WORLD net in 2019? Can't remember exactly, what you're saying is pretty daft. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We we ere linked with Ryan Fraser earlier today but he will be joining Newcastle tomorrow according to reports.

That’s a good couple of days for NUFC with Wilson, Fraser (free) and Jamal Lewis. The former two might just make a difference for them upfront compared to last season.

Given the perilous state Newcastle are in re takeover I agree it’s a good bunch of signings for them.

4 minutes ago, Villastine said:

I reckon we've a deal in place for Benrahma and Watkins 

I’m not being funny if we had a ‘deal in place’ then they would have signed.

We may still be working on a deal for both but that’s very different from having a deal in place.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wolves signing this guy for 2m euros.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54051288

I saw the fee and thought he was just some reserve at Lyon. He started all of their CL games last month!

No idea why the fee is so low given he ain't a Mendes client but I wish we could pick up this sort of player from time to time, someone who can help us out for 2 years and is vastly experienced at top level of the game. Not every single player playing in europe who could improve us in the short term is going to cost 25m + and 80k in wages.

Wolves are so funny. Incredible the deals they get done.

It's still Mendes. Him and Nuno control all their first team in and outs. 

Lyon looking to shift lots of players this window and one of his pals has pulled Wolves into it.

He'll be on a tasty wage, but costs nothing and is very experienced.

Unsurprisingly another very good deal for them.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wolves are so funny. Incredible the deals they get done.

It's still Mendes. Him and Nuno control all their first team in and outs. 

Lyon looking to shift lots of players this window and one of his pals has pulled Wolves into it.

He'll be on a tasty wage, but costs nothing and is very experienced.

Unsurprisingly another very good deal for them.

Can't we sign a player or two from then. Think I mentioned Joachim Andersen a week or so back. 25 years old CB who did well at Sampdoria but struggled to start for Lyon last season. In the Denmark squad and might play v England.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i understand peoples concerns around the fact we have only made one signing so far, this is a critical transfer window for us.

But, the arguements against Purslow, and by default NSWE, after they literally saved us from going out of business, bankrolling our survival, telling Prem clubs "Grealish wasnt for sale" when he looked certain to join Spurs (when they could have sold him - and actually been able to reasonably justify why, if they wanted the money), our promotion and staying (possibly a little lucky - but regardless) in the prem after spending in the region of 140 million, is just..........slightly silly........bordering on disgustingly dismissive of where we are now, compared to where we were when Purslow/NSWE took over.

I mean damn, am i nervous about this window?, yes i am, but that is a far far stretch away from some of the strange comments about Purslow (and by default NSWE), my lord we Villa fans seem to have very goldfish like memories.

Will we actually start pushing for the top 6 again in the next 5-10 years?, who knows, maybe it will all fall apart?, but i dont think right now that we have a leg to stand on when questioning whether Purslow/NSWE have the best of intentions for Villa at this time, or over the last 2 ish years.

Ah, some good old common sense!

17 minutes ago, Villastine said:

I reckon we've a deal in place for Benrahma and Watkins 

This would be very clever reverse psychology  by the club. Ten days ago they may not have been the answer but the club will have watched the mass breakdown on social media each day without new signings. Throw in a right back that reeks of a panic buy and fake interest in a injury prone low scoring centre forward and these two appear now like the second coming of Christ

Edited by Follyfoot

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Didn't we spend the 4th most money in the WORLD net in 2019? Can't remember exactly, what you're saying is pretty daft. 

I think it’s more a reluctance to spend big money on a particular signing. Yeah we spent a bunch of money but most were on c£10m-£15m signings which in prem terms is Jack shit. And that means those signings were generally not good enough......Marvelous,Trez, El Ghazi, Trez, Samatta, Jota etc.

As much as I want Villa to buy 3-4 quality £30m players this window, it’s hope more than expectation.

• Like 2