Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah Thauvin would be a huge coup in fairness but I don't believe that link for a second as I can't think of any reason why he'd leave Marseille for us particularly as it didn't go well for him at  Newcastle. Not sure his style is even suited that much.

Is Dimitri Payet still at Marseille, probably more likely to get him and that would be fun for a season with him and Grealish linking up before he gets bored of us and goes on strike.

I might be wrong about this but I reckon we would pay him more than Marseille currently do.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Way this summer is going our three new signings next week will be Bradley Walsh, Mark Wright and Lee Mack given John Terry is playing in the Soccer Aid thing.

Could JT be our new striker.....judging by the run.

Edited by TRO

All I know is whenever I have googled "Best young wingers to sign" in FIFA Career mode over the years he is always in the list 

Good enough for me!

On a serious note though fits the profile, " Clever" signing and don't think we will need to break the bank?

Being English also helps.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I might have just been told he is going nowhere unless an 80 million pound bid comes in for him and he is loves the club to much to kick up a fuss about it.

Well that is also true. He wont demand a transfer, even in my nightmare scenario.  But may encourage a bid to come in that otherwise might not have.  Fingers crossed its a fear that turns out to be wasted energy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Damn you!!!! 

Worst thing ever when you see a post from hours ago and you think of a wonderful witty retort but then scroll through the thread hoping no one has beat you to it.

Top marks for not bothering with that bit and just posting it anyway 😁

Wolves signing this guy for 2m euros.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54051288

I saw the fee and thought he was just some reserve at Lyon. He started all of their CL games last month!

Having played over 280 games in top leagues, as well as Champions League football, Marçal will add a huge amount of experience to our young team," said Wolves executive chairman Jeff Shi.

"He is a player with the technical ability to be able to contribute in the build-up play from the back, all the way through to threatening the opposition in the final phase.

No idea why the fee is so low given he ain't a Mendes client but I wish we could pick up this sort of player from time to time, someone who can help us out for 2 years and is vastly experienced at top level of the game. Not every single player playing in europe who could improve us in the short term is going to cost 25m + and 80k in wages.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, rayk said:

And that’s a successful window? Keeping players that barely kept us up and just one more addition to Matty Cash?

I went into the summer thinking we would lose Grealish. We won’t sign anyone better than him. So it’s by far the most important part of the window for me. Such is life as a club seeking to establish itself in the top flight I’m afraid.

Dont get me wrong more talent is also welcome!

• Like 2