Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I went into the summer thinking we would lose Grealish. We won’t sign anyone better than him. So it’s by far the most important part of the window for me. Such is life as a club seeking to establish itself in the top flight I’m afraid.

Dont get me wrong more talent is also welcome!

I agree but I think it was pretty clear from when the season ended Jack wasn’t going anywhere.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wolves signing this guy for 2m euros.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54051288

I saw the fee and thought he was just some reserve at Lyon. He started all of their CL games last month!

No idea why the fee is so low given he ain't a Mendes client but I wish we could pick up this sort of player from time to time, someone who can help us out for 2 years and is vastly experienced at top level of the game. Not every single player playing in europe who could improve us in the short term is going to cost 25m + and 80k in wages.

Agreed.

Regardless of what the year is, who the owners are, who the manager is, who the sporting director is, our scouting is always sh!te.

11 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

from ITKs that have proven to be bullsh*ting trolls

That may be the case but he certainly fits the profile of player we are after.

put it this way I think Edwards is a more likely signing than Thauvin.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Am assuming this is verbatim what Purslow said but it sort of makes sense why we may be recruiting a lot from the championship, though hopefully with one or two exceptions from higher up 

If we ever fell foul of FFP now unless we went absolute bonkers on signings would be dropping into the Championship. In which case Jack John and Mings would be off anyway and 125m raised straight away.

Whereas before we had no saleable assets we would be fine.

It is just a poor excuse for Purslow being utterly incapable of getting a deal done that isnt for a Swansea reject, a drink driving pisshead or from a third world footballing nation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

I agree but I think it was pretty clear from when the season ended Jack wasn’t going anywhere.

Wish I shared your confidence. I will celebrate that in a month. If we keep him then I think the Board and manager have pulled off the most important thing they could this summer.

Surely Leeds would be paying the German and Spanish internationals they've just signed more than 50k a week? Rodrigo must be on 60-70k given he's been signed for 30m. How can they get round massively upping the wage bill in ways we can't? Having a smaller core squad maybe as we still have likes of Lansbury, Taylor, Kalinic Hogan who we need to move on who are on over 100k a week between them.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wolves signing this guy for 2m euros.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54051288

I saw the fee and thought he was just some reserve at Lyon. He started all of their CL games last month!

No idea why the fee is so low given he ain't a Mendes client but I wish we could pick up this sort of player from time to time, someone who can help us out for 2 years and is vastly experienced at top level of the game. Not every single player playing in europe who could improve us in the short term is going to cost 25m + and 80k in wages.

I think the thing with Wolves signings is that is that they seem to just want to get the best players available for the money. I mean they are happy to spend £35m on a teenager last week and yet are equally as happy to spend £2m on a 30year old a few days later.

Its a very clever strategy imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I agree sounds like excuses from Purslow because our wage budget has been so low for years.

Villa are either in the PL to compete or survive, unfortunately I think it's the latter.

Puslow has a stake in the club. He is in it to run it like a corner shop for years ala Mike Ashley and make a buck.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Leicester I'd imagine 

Édouard looked like he might end up at Leicester, clutching at straws but might this open up an opportunity for us to sign him , if this was the case

• Like 1

Re FFP and Purslow’s statement re wages....almost all of our current bomb squad are gone by next summer. Ie Lansbury, Taylor, Hogan, Elmo, Jota.

So send them out on loan but then use that loan market in our favour to bring in some experience we need.

That then gives Lange 12 months to work his magic and unearth the gems that he has been brought in to do.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

**** Leipzig again, **** shit drink bunch of words removed.

Leipzig got a fair few forwards already.

Patrick Shick, Yussuf Poulsen, Dani Olmo, Forsberg, Hwang-Hee Chang, Ademola Lookman and errr....Jean-KEVIN Agustin....

Have to think they'd unload at least one of those if they got in Dembele. Would guess at premier league team being Everton btw.

Yeah this season is a consolidation effort and at best maybe 12th place if we can stay tight at the back.

After the season ended I was confident we'd be able to splash the cash and really improve the first team; now with under two weeks to go we have no improvement on our attacking players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Leicester I'd imagine 

Nah, Leicester would be in for Edoaurd over Dembele.

I can imagine us putting a bid in for Dembele.....and if Salzburg are interested I’d imagine we can outbid them based on the Rashica saga.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Leipzig got a fair few forwards already.

Patrick Shick, Yussuf Poulsen, Dani Olmo, Forsberg, Hwang-Hee Chang, Ademola Lookman and errr....Jean-KEVIN Agustin....

Have to think they'd unload at least one of those if they got in Dembele. Would guess at premier league team being Everton btw.

Schick was only on loan and by all accounts won't be returning. Still couldn't see them spending the £40m or so Dembele will go for

Poch compares Edwards to Messi, but he had a problematic ‘introverted’ personality that resulted in ‘authority and behavioural problems’.

Looks a decent talent though. We have a happy camp I think.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/11/spurs-wonderkid-marcus-edwards-has-attitude-mentality-questioned/

*read this quick, Telegraph paywall returns Monday (a free weekend due to extinction rebellion disruption to paper deliveries this weekend)

Edited by thunderball